Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SXR80 Satellites show as Offline

bmastel
Aspirant

SXR80 Satellites show as Offline

Firmware .122 and .124 broke the ability for the Satelites to share their UP status.  The devices are all connected via Ethernet backbone and show correclty in the device list on the local site of the SXR80.  Support sent me a replacement Router and this did NOT fix the issue.  What is the point of having alerts about a network being UP if it shows it is always offline?  My system runs behind a SonicWall and is in Access Point mode.

Suggesions?

Bruce

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

I'd check to see if your sonicwall was blocking some connection to the netgear servers that check online/offline status.

When I first installed my pi-hole, I was a little agressive with the blocking and it caused issues with a few devices reporting offline even though they weren't. 

Message 2 of 5
bmastel
Aspirant

This system worked before the .122 and .124 Firmware update.  Also the image shows that one of the Orbi Satelites works (which is the only once close to the main router) and the others don't show connected anymore eventhough they are all hard wired.  I guess I just won't pay next year for the App and Monitoring since it doens't work anymore.  I spent most of a Saturday on support and a new SXR80 was sent to me without sucess.  Firmware is defective or something.

Message 3 of 5
quagmire1
Luminary

Have you tried updating to the latest firmware (V4.0.0.118)?

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/New-SXK80-Series-Firmware-Version-...

@bmastel wrote:

This system worked before the .122 and .124 Firmware update.  Also the image shows that one of the Orbi Satelites works (which is the only once close to the main router) and the others don't show connected anymore eventhough they are all hard wired.  I guess I just won't pay next year for the App and Monitoring since it doens't work anymore.  I spent most of a Saturday on support and a new SXR80 was sent to me without sucess.  Firmware is defective or something.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements