Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SXR80 Series Firmware Version v4.0.0.118

SXR80 Series Firmware Version v4.0.0.118

Hello,

I received an email on 3/9/2022 alerting me to a firmware update for my SXR80 router and SXS80 satellite. I went to this page and downloaded the update package.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/SXR80.aspx#SXR80%20(Orbi%20Pro%20Router)%20Firmware%20Versio... 

The problem is that when I login to the router and go to the firmware update page it checks for the latest firmware and isn't finding any. It's still says the previous firmware version is the latest. That version is: V3.3.0.122.

The correct way to update manually according to the docs is to apply the update to any satelites first. I can't seem to login to the satelite. I could probably upload to the router but not sure what will happen if I do that first.

Any suggestions?

Duane Mitchell

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions

Re: SXR80 Series Firmware Version v4.0.0.118

Using the Insight app worked. It updated both the router and the satelite. Last time I tried this method it failed. I think it was a timeout issue relating to the download? Not sure.

If I log back into the router it does show the new firmware as being installed.

I prefer the web interface to the router over the app. Not sure why that didn't work? 

Thanks for pitching in.

Duane Mitchell

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If you click on that box by the satellite (under model name: sxs80), then click update, it'll take you to where you can upload the firmware to for the satellite. 

If that doesn't work, you can try the satellites ip address (found in the attached devices page)

Message 2 of 6

I tried that. It opens another browser window for the IP address of the satelite and requires that I login. I don't know what the login is for the satelite? It was all configured through the base router. It's not the same login as the router.

Duane Mitchell

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

It should be the same as the router. 

You can always try the default login

default login: admin

default password: password

Message 4 of 6

The default login credentials don't work. Neither does the router credentials. 

I rebooted the router and now I can't login with any credentials. 

I switched to the Insight app on my iPhone and that detects a firmware update so I'm trying that. That process turned into a mess last time I tried it. Let's see what happens. I'll report back.

Duane Mitchell

Message 5 of 6

Using the Insight app worked. It updated both the router and the satelite. Last time I tried this method it failed. I think it was a timeout issue relating to the download? Not sure.

If I log back into the router it does show the new firmware as being installed.

I prefer the web interface to the router over the app. Not sure why that didn't work? 

Thanks for pitching in.

Duane Mitchell

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements