Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SXR80 and SXS80 Firmware stability question to 4.2.3.102

Cafetom
Star

SXR80 and SXS80 Firmware stability question to 4.2.3.102

Hello All,

I've updated my firmware via the "I believe" button through the web interface of the base unit a few days ago.  

Since the update, Insight shows the device going offline and online at least 6 times a day, for 3-10 minutes at a time.   I have confirmed that it is indeed offline and do not have any ISP issues.

I did perform the post firmware update procedures outlined in the readme.

Anything else I should do or is there another issue? 

Tom

Message 1 of 6
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Cafetom,

Just to confirm, have you already performed a reboot on the router and satellites?

If possible, please remove the device from NETGEAR Insight then perform a Factory Reset then add it back to NETGEAR Insight.

Regards,

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Cafetom
Star

I have rebooted the router, but do not have physical access to the satellite.  I do not see any way to reboot the satellite through the web interface, http;//ipaddress/reboot.htm doesn't work.

Message 3 of 6
JeraldM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Cafetom,

Given that you don't have physical access to the satellite, is it also the same case for the router? Were you able to perform a reboot on the router via web interface, NETGEAR Insight, or physically?

Lastly, please try removing the device from NETGEAR Insight then add it back to see if that'll resolve the issue. 

Regards,

JeraldM

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
archite
Star

What you want is https://ipaddress/debug.htm. From there, you can enable telnet, login with root and your admin password for you ORBI network. Once there, a simple reboot command should do it but in my experience, it'll end up triggering all your devices to reboot.

Most routers like ORBI use a series of config files stored in ROM and then write out or use tools to interact with standard linux daemons. It could be that the config is corrupt in the UBI storage. I'd try restoring a backup or resetting to defaults before the hassle of going through support. I've found the latter works to solve most weird issues after major upgrades but that's just me.

Message 5 of 6
Cafetom
Star

I ended up factory resetting the systems and am hoping that this might fix the issues.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements