Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SXR80 and SXS80 Satellite not assigning IPv4 to clients

david85297
Star

SXR80 and SXS80 Satellite not assigning IPv4 to clients

I'm having a weird issue where clients connected to the SXS80 satellite keep losing their DHCP assigned IPv4. They lose their IP and start using a 169.* ip address. 

Current setup is as follows:

SXR80 is in one office. Then the SXS80 is remote and connected to the SXR80 via ethernet. I have the ports on the SXR80 and SXS80 set to TRUNK so the vlans are passed through for the different wireless SSIDs. 

This is the current VLAN/Bridge Settings. Port 5 is going to the Satellites' port 1. 

VlanBridgeSettings.png

Here you see the satellite giving the client a 169. Instead of the 192. The client will start off on the correct IPv4, then after awhile it disconnects and assigns itself a 169 ip.

WrongIPv4.png

Any ideas? This constant dropping of clients ont he satellite is making it unsable 😞

Message 1 of 2
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Re: SXR80 and SXS80 Satellite not assigning IPv4 to clients

Hi @david85297 

Somehow I am unable to see the image that you have posted here. Could you please check and repost here?

1. Can you tell us if your SXR80 is in AP mode or router mode?

2. If SXR80 in router mode are you getting the IP address for SXS80 and not for the clients connected?

3. Please send us your network topology and the debug logs taken from https://<ip address of SXR80/SXS80>debug.htm

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements