Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SXS30 + 3 satellites

nitropower
Tutor

SXS30 + 3 satellites

Hello Everyone,

Network Been working well this year we replaced all the old Chromebook with new samsung versions and added 30 more books.

I also need to move 1 or two sats to Ethernet back haul. I want them to use the WLAN associated with LAN 3 and receive DHCP from that LAN seg. 192.168.30.x

Do I  connect the sats to the Port on router that is set in VLAN Bridges settings to LAN 3 they will be daisy chained going thru a 4 port GIG switch.

Router lan port 3 setting in bridge settings --> Switch1 --> Switch2 --> to Sat 1 in new building.

|

|---> Switch3 - Sat 2

|--> Sat 3

I have found using  the Default setting on the VLAN/Bridge setting  if Hardwired  Back Haul the wireless network for say wireless network 3  will no give DHCP address. for that network but if we use the wireless tied to Default net it fine no issues.

If I don't use Ethernet  back haul and use the wireless back haul all the wireless network will provide the networks IP address in the ranges I chose in configurations. 

Also even though it on Gig Networks sats show that they are 2.4 G Not 5G   like if using the Wireless  Back haul. see attached-dev.png

Message 1 of 2
nitropower
Tutor

Re: SXS30 + 3 satellites

Updated picture

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements