Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SXS80's using channel 157 to connect to SXR80. Can't change it?

david85297
Star

SXS80's using channel 157 to connect to SXR80. Can't change it?

I have a Orbi SXS80 Sattellite dropping its connection to below 5Mbps to the SXR80. Sometimes throughout the day it works great, then during congested periods it drops to nothing. I've noticed that the 2x SXR80's are connected to the SXR80 (router) via 5Ghz Channel 157. How can I change the channel to a less congested channel?

Under: Setup > Wireless Setup > Wireless 1; It shows the hard coded channel 157, can this not change?

NETGEAR-Router-Orbi.png

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: SXS80's using channel 157 to connect to SXR80. Can't change it?

@david85297,

5ghz-2 channel is for the wireless backhaul radio channel. It cannot be changed as it is the only channel used for satellites. It would be best if you can try to use 3rd party software to detect other radio channels that interfere with your network.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Team

Message 2 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: SXS80's using channel 157 to connect to SXR80. Can't change it?

@JohnC_V wrote:

@david85297,

5ghz-2 channel is for the wireless backhaul radio channel. It cannot be changed as it is the only channel used for satellites. It would be best if you can try to use 3rd party software to detect other radio channels that interfere with your network.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Team

Where are these settings? I don't see them on 3 different Orbi Pro network setups.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements