Get Orbi Pro now

Orbi Pro Support

Login to discuss Orbi Pro

Highlighted
Guide

Satellite Drops Connection

Howdy,
I have the Orbi Pro but have been experiencing the satellite dropping connectivity several times a day for weeks. I had tried many of the suggestions but nothing seemed to help. So today I added a DHCP reservation for the satellite IP/MAC and have not had a single issue since. Yes it is early days but given I was having several drop outs every hour perhaps it has worked.

It is also worth noting that I have both Wi-Fi and Ethernet connected devices connected to the satellite. Devices connecting direct to the srk60 have no issues.

Cheers
Rennce
SRS60 with 1 Satellite
Firnware: V2.1.4.16
Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 1 of 13
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Satellite Drops Connection

Hi @Rennce,

Did the problem started after the firmware was upgraded to v2.1.4.16?  To isolate the problem, kindly revert back the firmware of both Orbi Pro router and Orbi Pro satellite to v2.1.3.2.  You can download firmware version 2.1.3.2 here.  Be sure to perform a factory reset after downgrading the firmware.  Then, observe if the same problem will occur.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

I have the same problem.. Everything connected to wifi, drops out and have no internet connection. Everything connected thru ethernet cabel is fine..

This suddenly happend on Saturday/Sunday.

I have done factory reset of the Router, but that works fine a couple a minutes. Then wifi drops out.

Regards

Trung

Message 3 of 13
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

@Rennce / @Trungttr,

How is everything connected?  Kindly post an image or screenshot of your detailed network setup.

Get the logs of both Orbi Pro router & satellite.  Here are the steps below:

1. Make sure both Orbi Pro router & satellite are on the latest firmware v2.1.4.16.

2. Access  http://IP-address-of-Orbi Pro/debug.htm (example: http://192.168.9.1/debug.htm) and click Start capture first. 

3. Be sure to save the logs after the issue occurred. 

4. Kindly provide a download link (such as Google Drive or Dropbox link) in order for me to obtain the logs when you reply back.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi..

1. Alle three Orbi Pro runs on the latest firmware 2.1.14.16

2. I have started debuging, but i have already (again) reset to factory settings and installed everything again.

Everything works fine now with standard settings.

3. I will debugg when the issue occures again.

4. I will send link when the issue occures again.

Message 5 of 13
Highlighted
Guide

Hello @DaneA and @Trungttr,

Thanks for the heads up on debug @DaneA.  When I have a chance I will remove the DHCP reservation and once the error returns run debug to collect.  Given this is a home-office setup and we work from home I cant just play around for too long due to network downtime. Hence why I need to find the time to downgrade firmware and test – although from memory this issue occurred straight out of the box.  I am happy to pass the debug logs to netgear support but in a secure / no public way. Please advise how I can do this?

Also @Trungttr, note that my issue occurs with devices connected to the satellite via Wi-Fi AND ethernet (not just Wi-Fi as you are experiencing).

Regards

Rennce

Message 6 of 13
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

@Trungttr / @Rennce,

Thank you for the feedback.  Since you will be getting the debug logs at a later time, please make sure to include also the type of clients you usually have such as PCs, MACs, iPhones, Android mobile devices because this will help with the debugging.  For example: 

•  the wireless clients usually connected to the Guest network are:  two (2) iPhone X with iOS 11.4.1, three (3) MACbooks with OS X El Captian 10.11.6
  • the wireless clients connected to the Main wireless network are: one (1) Samsung S9 Plus with Android Oreo and two (2) laptops running Windows 7 Ultimate.

You can send me a private message when you provide me a download link (such as Google Drive or Dropbox link) in order for me to obtain the debug logs. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

I am having the same problem but both wireless and wired connections (through a switch) drop internet connectivity randomly throughout the day.  I am considering getting rid of the Orbi if I cannot get this fixed.  I have the latest firmware installed on the router and on each of the three satellites.

Message 8 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi.. i have noticed the same problem now.. i also have the orbi pro connected to a switch
Message 9 of 13
Highlighted
Aspirant

I ran the debug and my VOIP phone dropped connectivity almost right away.  I saved the log and have provided a dropbox link below.  Please let me know if you can do anything to help.  I need to get this resolved quickly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lppv8x1ozpiyx3m/debug-log.zip?dl=0

Message 10 of 13
Highlighted
Guide

Hello,

As this thread is now very long I will just mention what seemed to fix my issues.  

ISSUE: Both wifi and Ethernet connected devices to satellite drops connection/Internet access every few minutes.

1. I added an IP reservation in DHCP for my satellite (this appears to have done great wonders in resolving disconnect but I cant be 100% certain and as I need a stable network for work have not done extensive troubleshooting and experimentation ).
  2. Satellite backhaul via wifi
  3. OFF: WIFI Daisy Chain 
  4. OFF: Enable Implicit BEAMFORMING
  5. OFF: Enable MU-MIMO 
  6. ON: Enable Fast Roaming 
  7. ON Router Mode
  8. Defaults: Internet Setup
  9. WIFI: 2.4GHZ Channel 11 5GHZ Channel 44
  10. Disabled Guest Portal

Cheers

Terry

Message 11 of 13
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

@RLLiquidators,

I got a feedback from the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  As per the higher tier support, the engineering team were able to review the debug logs you have posted and noted some issues.  Kindly provide the following below to further investigate the issue:

1. The debug logs you have provided came from the Orbi Pro router only.  Kindly provided the debug logs from both Orbi Pro router and satellite. 

2. What is the MAC address of the VoIP device you have tested?  This will help the engineering team debug the issue.

3.  The Orbi Pro router logs showed some devices connecting wirelessly had poor RSSI, which will cause poor connectivity and performance issues. We suggest you to move the devices closer to the Orbi Pro where its possible to get better signal strength. For example: the device with MAC Address: e4:02:9b:9a:20:68  is showing with poor RSSI in the logs, we expect it will show poor connectivity and performance in this device.

@Rennce / @Trungttr,

Just want to follow-up with the debug logs from your Orbi Pro router & satellite as well as the the type of clients you usually have such as PCs, MACs, iPhones, Android mobile devices because this will help with the debugging. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 12 of 13
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

@RLLiquidators@Rennce / @Trungttr,

A new firmware has been officially released for the Orbi Pro WiFi System which is firmware v2.2.1.210.  I suggest you to upgrade the firmware of your Orbi Pro router & satellite.  

You can download Orbi Pro firmware v2.2.1.210 on this link.  Let us know the results.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements