Get Orbi Pro now

Orbi Pro Support

Login to discuss Orbi Pro

Re: Satellite connection routes

AllanA
Guide

Satellite connection routes

Orbi Pro SRK60B03 + 2 satellites.

I have an Orbi Pro Router with 4 satellites, two near (within 100 feet) and two further away approximately 100 futher from the close two.  Initially the two further Orbi Pro satellites were the only two satellites.The two near satellites were added stratgicallyto cut the distance in half between the Router and the two satellites getting poor sigmals.

Oddly enough, the two near satiiltes get good signals (as anticipated) but the further one are still connecting to the router directly keeping their poor signals. I've already tried resyncing the further satellites hoping they'd link with the satellite nearest them for their connectivity to the router. Unfortuantely, it didn't work out that way.

Is there a way to force the satellite to conenct to the nearest Orbi Pro device? Can a wire run be used to link between a router and a satellite?

Any help is apprecaited.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

@AllanA wrote:

Is there a way to force the satellite to conenct to the nearest Orbi Pro device?

No ... what appears to be a Mesh system to the wireless clients isn't a true mesh internally.

@AllanA wrote:

Can a wire run be used to link between a router and a satellite?

Yes, same as on the consumer Orbi -> https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy...

Message 2 of 3
AllanA
Guide

Okay, this has been done. Essentially plugging an RJ45 cable into the RJ45 port on the Orbi a few feet away. In the Obri administrative GUI I'm showing a lot more devices connected (35, all wired. Assumed all the devices connected via through the switch) but I'm still showing 'Poor' connectivity as far as that satellite is concerned, even though it's now hard wired.
Does anything more need to be done  to ensure this router is relying on the physical connection to the switch as oposed to its wireless connection directly to my shop router?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements