Orbi Pro Support

Login to discuss Orbi Pro

Highlighted
NETGEAR Expert

Satellite disconnection issue - SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y-

Message 1 of 90
Highlighted
Star

Re: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

Hi, just upgraded my SRR60+SRS60

Also changed back my clients to point back at the default DNS (192.168.1.1 - the orbi)

First low priority bug report:

If the router is configured to "Use These DNS Servers" -> 1.1.1.1 & 1.0.0.1

I get no name resolution on the clients

Domain Name Server (DNS) Address
Get Automatically from ISP
Use These DNS Servers
Primary DNS. . .
Secondary DNS

The minute I switch to Get Automatically from ISP - It works.

I can confirm that I can ping 1.1.1.1 and even run a nslookup against it.

I will futher investigate in the next few minutes/hours and report in this thread.

Sincerely

Message 2 of 90
Highlighted
Guide

Betreff: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

After updating to the new firmware, all satellites lose often connection

and in netgear inside app the mesh-linkstatus from all satellites are "disconnected"

and in the browser the satellites likstatus is (hardly all the time): "Konfigurationssynchronisierung"

nevertheless clients can mostly of the time connect a satellite but the clients lose connection when tey are moved from a satellite area 1 to another satellite area 2

is the older firmware better?

Message 3 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Betreff: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

Lose often connection as well!

This new firmware sucks so bad. I reset all 4 times and still, it's no good! I will need to go to something that will work if you guys can not fix this soon!

I feel like this guy in the video!

Message 4 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: New Firmware V2.5.3.108 for SRR60/SRS60/SRC60/RBS50Y(for Orbi Pro) Now Available!

DON'T UPGRADE TO THIS FIRMWARE

Router is flaky and constantly rebooting, the only visible error message is an occasional "services unavailable", connection to satellites drops within minutes and will NOT come back up without rebooting everything. Satellites are now completely useless. 

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP.

I wasn't going to upgrade but really needed the cert fix in this release, now I'm down to one spotty router- no stats, no mesh. 

Message 5 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

UPDATE as I cannot edit my original post.

Thankfully all 3 devices allowd a firmware downgrade to the previous revision, BUT.... it looks like some hardware may have received updates in the newest firmware that the revision cannot "undo"? While the sync between router and satellites is now lasting longer, all devices are now showing "poor" connectivity/decible readings... this was never an issue before... 

Also, the router is still rebooting- or at least has several times since the downgrade completed. 

Message 6 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

I have 1 SRR60, 1 SRS60, and 3 SRC60, on my network. I had to remove 2 of the SRC60  for it to stop dropping every 5 min. 

@ShawnC wrote:

UPDATE as I cannot edit my original post.

Thankfully all 3 devices allowd a firmware downgrade to the previous revision, BUT.... it looks like some hardware may have received updates in the newest firmware that the revision cannot "undo"? While the sync between router and satellites is now lasting longer, all devices are now showing "poor" connectivity/decible readings... this was never an issue before... 

Also, the router is still rebooting- or at least has several times since the downgrade completed. 

Message 7 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Come on Netgear, we believe in you!

Message 8 of 90
Highlighted
NETGEAR Expert

@BIG9MM @ShawnC @Websterdu 

Could you please provide Base and satellite's debug logs?

1. Access debug page on https://baseIP or satellite IP/debug.htm,

2. Enable Start Debug Log Capture when boot up

3. Reboot Base and satellite,

4. Open base and satellite's debug peage again and save debug log after satellite connected, if satellite can't connect back, satellite's default IP is 192.168.1.250, you may wired connect PC to satellite, and set PC to static IP 192.168.1.x, then open satellite page https://192.168.1.250/debug.htm.

5. Send debug log to me by PM.

Note: Please disable Start Debug Log Capture when boot up after save debug log.

Message 9 of 90
Highlighted
Star

With all the negative on these forum, here is a good news.

It's been 18h and so far so good, the router and satelite are working as expected. So it seems you solved the name resolution issue.

I must also point, that I had no issues upgrading the firmware manually on each device (unlike this other gentleman).

I will provide feedback max 7 days from now, now I need to reconfigure each client in the house..

Sincerely

Message 10 of 90
Highlighted
Guide

@BIG9MM 

perhaps you have the same problem as i:

yesterday i downgraded the firmware on a satellite SRS60 and after the downgrade, the firmware version was shown as V2.5.2.104, but today after rebooting the router , the firmware version on satellite SRS60 is again V2.5.3.108??

Message 11 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

No that was not the case. I factory reset everything like three times. The only way I’m able to get it from not balancing is I had to remove two satellites. So now I’m only down to three equipment. How many equipments are you using would it probably be three?

I will be sending my bug logs today
Message 12 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

I just sent you my debug log.
@evan2 wrote:

@BIG9MM @ShawnC @Websterdu 

Could you please provide Base and satellite's debug logs?

1. Access debug page on https://baseIP or satellite IP/debug.htm,

2. Enable Start Debug Log Capture when boot up

3. Reboot Base and satellite,

4. Open base and satellite's debug peage again and save debug log after satellite connected, if satellite can't connect back, satellite's default IP is 192.168.1.250, you may wired connect PC to satellite, and set PC to static IP 192.168.1.x, then open satellite page https://192.168.1.250/debug.htm.

5. Send debug log to me by PM.

Note: Please disable Start Debug Log Capture when boot up after save debug log.

Message 13 of 90
Highlighted
Guide

@BIG9MM 

3-4 satellites:

1-2 SRS60 (mostly only one), 1 SRC60, 1 RBS50Y

Message 14 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

@Websterdu wrote:

@BIG9MM 

3-4 satellites:

1-2 SRS60 (mostly only one), 1 SRC60, 1 RBS50Y

I had 1 SRR60, 1 SRS60, and 3 SRC60s. I had to remove 2 SRC60s to stop dropping.

It seems like to me if you have more then 3 on your network it will keep dropping, a lot.

Can you please login to your Orbi app and take a screenshot of howe your Orbi is mapped. You need to be on the same WIFI to log into the Orbi app to see the "Network Map". 

IMG_4956.PNGIMG_4960.PNG

Message 15 of 90
Highlighted
Guide

@BIG9MM 

sorry but today i am not in the same wifi network, and there is no map in the insight app,

the connection is normally:

SRR60 to SRS60 (1)

SRR60 to SRC60 to RBS50Y to (SRS60 (2) not allways)

i have the same problems with 3 or with 4 devices in the network (2-3 satellites),

i didn´t try only 2 devices, this is no option for me!

Message 16 of 90
Highlighted
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @BIG9MM 

Thank you for your time today to explaining your issue. As you explained you are seeing SRS60 and SRC60 are going down when using Orbi app. Please use Netgear Insight app to manage Orbi Pro devices. Orbi App is not the right app to manage Orbi Pros. Thanks for sharing the logs for us to take a look why SRS/SRC's going down using the Orbi app. 

Feel free to report any issues using Insight app with Orbi Pro.

Once again thank your for your time today.

Have a good day !

Raghu

Message 17 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Yeah I did troubleshoot it and maybe that might be one issue by using the Orby app causing the crashes. You might want to get up with the other individual because I asked him if he is using the Orby app and he said he is not but it is still crashing. Again thanks a lot for your help and consideration into this matter, nice chatting with you on zoom.
Message 18 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Two questions... 

1. Do you still want these logs if we reverted the firmware back?

2. Are you aware our router admin user and passwords are in these files in clear text? 

Message 19 of 90
Highlighted
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @ShawnC 

Plesae send me the debug logs. Probably we can do remote debug session if you are available now to understand better.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 20 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

My Satellite keeps dropping......

Message 21 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Insight app still shows satellites disconnected. I’m going to have to roll back the firmware untilI a fix it is done. Hope the information I supplied helped.
Message 22 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

@BIG9MM fyi... I found it much easier to logon to the satellites directly to downgrade the firmware... attempts from the router GUI (even after downgrade) were unsuccessful.. 

Message 23 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi @RaghuHR ,

Thank you.

I do understand the debug log retrieval process, I was just asking if you still think the logs will be helpful after we have downgraded to the previous firmware and the sync issues have stopped? If we're capturing the satellite startup and synch with downgraded firmware and no more issues, will you still be able to see relevant info? If not, I don't want to waste your time. 

Also, I think you guys should make sure customers are aware that the debug zip file being requested contains configs/logs that show the customers admin account username and password in clear text. It also shows each ssid on the router along with its password in clear text. Customers should know this and have the opportunity to remove this information before sending this file out over the internet.

Thanks.

Message 24 of 90
Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi @DHewer,

If you need things back up ASAP and don't have time to troubleshoot, logon to your router and apply the previous firmware (it's still available for download). You will need to logon directly to your satellites and apply their previous firmware version as well.

It will warn you that you are applying an older version of firmware than installed now, but that's fine. Once it's applied and your router/satellites reboot you should be fine. 

Message 25 of 90
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements