Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Scheduled reboot for SXR80

Ray-T
Tutor

Scheduled reboot for SXR80

I have an SXR80 with one SXS80 satellite. Is it possible to schedule a periodic reboot of these? I can't find any settings for this.

Background: While away on an extended trip we experienced a prolonged power outage, longer than my UPS could sustain its attached devices. Apparently my modem must have booted after the SXR80 router, so the router never made in internet connection. This nocked out all my internet enabled automation, security cameras, etc.. To prevent this while away in the future I'd like to do a daily reboot of the router, hence my question above.

Thanks

-Ray

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Scheduled reboot for SXR80

@Ray-T wrote:

I have an SXR80 with one SXS80 satellite. Is it possible to schedule a periodic reboot of these? I can't find any settings for this.

Nope.

@Ray-T wrote:

Background: While away on an extended trip we experienced a prolonged power outage, longer than my UPS could sustain its attached devices. Apparently my modem must have booted after the SXR80 router, so the router never made in internet connection. This nocked out all my internet enabled automation, security cameras, etc.. To prevent this while away in the future I'd like to do a daily reboot of the router, hence my question above.

Unclear to me what you like to achieve from scheduling a reboot of the router and/or the satellite. This does not test or ensure the availability of your environment (including the Internet modem connection). All this would do is create a bigger risk that something else goes wrong.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements