Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Solid Red led (No Network) RAX45

Juancito70
Follower

Solid Red led (No Network) RAX45

Good Evening, hope all is well.  I purchased my router few months ago and was loving it.  My ISP is Comcrap.  In combination with the router, I am using nighthawk cm1200 modem.  I am the owner of a small business that relies on these devices and their connections.  Yesterday while working on business matter,  my internet service was interrupted and I lost all connection.  I panic and began to troubleshooting the issue..  I rebooted the router and modem, I call Comcrap to see if my area was experiencing service interruption, checked all cables and still nothing.  My router's Red Network Led was lit.   I connected the computer via ethernet cable from the modem and not router.  Voila! I was able to connect but not Wireless.  Thinking the router was defective,  I rushed to staples and purchased another router.  To my suprise, the new router was not working.  I performed test after test and nothing.  Ooops! I forgot to mention that at the same time that I got my Nighthawk router and modem, I return the leased Router Modem to Comcrap.

I got tired of troubleshooting and the left the business.  I connected the router to my home network and It work.  I am baffled! Why does it work at home and not at the business?  Is Comcrap making it difficult so I can get their device? Has anyone Experience this problem and have a solution?  Please Help..

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Solid Red led (No Network) RAX45

One thing I'd check. I notice that you have the cm1200 at your office. The CM1200 has 4x ethernet ports but because of comcast and how they operate, only 1 device can be connected to the cm1200 at a time. 

So try powering off the cm1200 and the router. disconnect everything from both. Then power on the cm1200 and give it a couple minutes. then connect the router to port 1 on the cm1200 and power the router on. Then try settig up the router. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements