Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sonos only available on network 1

Sonos only available on network 1

Hi! This may be a newbie question, but I've tried different options in advanced mode and also read some of the threads in the forum about problems with Sonos connected to Orbi, but I can't find a solution.

I have a Sonos bridge connected to one of my Satelites with cable, as I have with other bridges like Hue and other smarthome parts. Sonos speakers (6 pcs) then connects to the Bridge over the Sonos network.

As long as I'm connected to Network 1 (the most secure, as Netgear states in the admin interface) over Wifi I can reach Sonos, and everything works well. But when I switch to Network 2 (as all other users will), I can't connect to Sonos.

When on Network 1, everything works well.

Trying to figure out how to "allow access" from Network 2 as well.

Any ideas? I feels like i'm missing ticking a checkbox somewhere.

BTW, in Network 2 I have checked the: "Allow employees to see each other and access my local network" but that doesn't help.

Hardware Version SRR60 and SRS60
Firmware Version V2.5.3.110
Operation Mode Router

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sonos only available on network 1

I have now tried to switch off and swith on the checkbox "Allow employees to see each other and access my local network", and once again applied the setting. And now (fingers crossed) it works.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

I have now tried to switch off and swith on the checkbox "Allow employees to see each other and access my local network", and once again applied the setting. And now (fingers crossed) it works.

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@JohanHolmberg,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Thank you for sharing the solution. Please let us know if something came up.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements