Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Time zone keeps reverting to incorrect setting after a reboot

Architekt
Apprentice

Time zone keeps reverting to incorrect setting after a reboot

I have an SXR80 router and 4 SXS80 satellites. (I don't know why these still aren't in the model drop down list). I set my time zone to "GMT-05:00 Eastern Time (US & Canada) and check automatically adjust for DST. I've tried using both the netgear NTP server as well as Google's NTP server (time.google.com). Doesn't matter. If I reboot the device it ALWAYS changes the time zone to "GMT-04:00 Atlantic Time (Canada), Caracas, La Paz, Santiago". This is driving me nuts. I can't imagine it plays well with my wireless devices that are assuming that the router has the correct time set. My Orbi is new, so the firmware, up until just now, was 3.2.6.100 (for both router and satellites). I just a few minutes ago updated to 3.2.6.102 for the security hotfix. Same issue (not surprised, was just a security fix). If you reboot the device, it changes the time zone to GMT -4 and puts the clock forward an hour. Please add this to your list of bugs to address for this firmware. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Architekt 

Are you using Insight App to manager your SXR80's?

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 5
Architekt
Apprentice

No, I find that it lacks tons of features. You can barely make any changes. I just log in by directly connecting to the internal IP address and configure it all in the web gui. I don't even think insight has a way to change time zone. Last time I looked around in the app it seemed like it had 2 settings you could alter (exaggeration but it's how I feel vs the web gui)
Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@Architekt wrote:
No, I find that it lacks tons of features. You can barely make any changes.... I don't even think insight has a way to change time zone. 

Of course, Netgear Insight can and does set-up each managed device country and time zone based on the Insight Network Location 8-)

FMI: How do I create an Insight network location? 

There might be certain limitations eg. on the connected device information, on the satellites when it comes to the Orbo Pro devices on Insight. But not each crappy device control must be made available on Insight.

Message 4 of 5
Architekt
Apprentice

My insight app has the correct time zone set. This still does not prevent the orbi from changing the time zone every time it reboots.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements