Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to remove disconnected SXS80 satellite from SXR80

Architekt
Apprentice

Unable to remove disconnected SXS80 satellite from SXR80

I have an Orbi SRK80 with what used to be 4 SXS80 satellites connected. One went defective and I disconnected it and returned it. However, I am unable to remove the satellite via the web GUI. If I go to Attached Devices, then scroll to the bottom, I can see the dead/disconnected/not even in my house satellite. Here's what it looks like, clearly showing it's not connected:

Architekt_0-1687436304815.png

I click on the name/pencil icon to edit the device. The "Remove" option is grayed out (although a hand icon appears instead of the normal cursor arrow which normally indicates an interactable element). I've tried disabling "Sync", not that that would do anything since the device isn't even physically present or connected, hit apply, and tried again in case that was holding it back. Nope. Totally unable to remove the device. I'd try the Insight app but I'm not going to pay for a subscription fee just simply to remove a device that I had to send back because it was defective. Any ideas how to remove the satellite that's no longer even in my house NOT USING INSIGHT? Thanks!

Architekt_1-1687436606122.png

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Architekt
Apprentice

Re: Unable to remove disconnected SXS80 satellite from SXR80

Update #2: I managed to do it but it was an infuriatingly hacky experience and furthermore, it required me to actually buy the insight subscription. Here's what I did in case anyone else encounters this (and yes all were on firmware 4.2.3.102):

1. Powered off main router, SXR80 for about 30s

2. Waited and kept monitoring the insight app until it eventually showed that the router and all satellites were disconnected

3. Plugged the router back in and kept staring at the insight app

4. After maybe 5m of refreshing the app, it eventually got into a state where only the router had made a connection: the satellites hadn't yet come online

5. I rushed immediately to the "satellites" button from the main insight app page and saw that all 4 were indeed still showing disconnected.

6. I then as fast as I could clicked on the discarded/trashed satellite and was able to remove it.

Pretty poor workaround. Definitely not pleased with the Orbi.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
Architekt
Apprentice

Update: OK I broke down and bought the insight sub since it was $9.99/year. I tried to remove the satellite via the iOS app but it gives me an error when I click remove saying " "OfficeSatellite cannot be Deleted. Connected satellite cannot be removed."

I have no idea how it thinks the device is connected. It's legit not even in the house. Yes, I've rebooted the router several times as well as turned it on/off again.

Message 2 of 4
Architekt
Apprentice

Update #2: I managed to do it but it was an infuriatingly hacky experience and furthermore, it required me to actually buy the insight subscription. Here's what I did in case anyone else encounters this (and yes all were on firmware 4.2.3.102):

1. Powered off main router, SXR80 for about 30s

2. Waited and kept monitoring the insight app until it eventually showed that the router and all satellites were disconnected

3. Plugged the router back in and kept staring at the insight app

4. After maybe 5m of refreshing the app, it eventually got into a state where only the router had made a connection: the satellites hadn't yet come online

5. I rushed immediately to the "satellites" button from the main insight app page and saw that all 4 were indeed still showing disconnected.

6. I then as fast as I could clicked on the discarded/trashed satellite and was able to remove it.

Pretty poor workaround. Definitely not pleased with the Orbi.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Worth a bug report on the standalone Orbi Pro WiFi 6 system @DavidGo please.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements