Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Usecase for Orbi Pro vs Wac510

webmarck
Follower

Usecase for Orbi Pro vs Wac510

I have a small business and own a couple of insight managed switches and are looking into extending the solution with option for wireless access for the employies. But with the annoncement that Orbi Pro will be supported in Insight Management I have a hard time finding what solution is right for me.

What are the main differences between Wac510 and Orbi Pro?

What is only possible with Wac510?

What is only possible with Orbi Pro?

Orbi-Pro-WiFi-System-to-Receive-Insight-Management-App-Support

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@webmarck,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further questions.

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @webmarck,

Here are the differences between the WAC510 and the Orbi Pro:

1. The WAC510 has the Facebook WiFi feature which is not supported on the Orbi Pro wherein you can provide customers WiFi access by letting them check in to a Facebook business page through a captive portal assigned to the Guest Network.

2. The WAC510 supports VLAN while the Orbi Pro does not.  

3. You can enable Syslog Server on the WAC510.  You can specify the LAN IP Address of the syslog server (such as a PC) to which the access point will send the syslog files.

4. By default the Orbi Pro router (SRR60) is set to Access Point mode but you can also set it to Router Mode.  

5. You can only synchronize Orbi Pro satellites to the Orbi Pro router.  

For more information, access the links below:

Orbi Pro WiFi System - Tips, Tricks and Resources

SRK60 – Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System

WAC510 datasheet

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@webmarck,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further questions.

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
BretD
Admin

Additionally, the Orbi Pro is tri-band (meaning 3 WiFi Channels) and uses one band as a wireless backhaul, instead of an Ethernet backhaul on the WAC. This means, placement of the device can be very flexible, while still maintaining very high WiFi bandwidth for connected clients.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements