Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VLAN tagging - 802.1q?

zippyq
Aspirant

VLAN tagging - 802.1q?

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying either a SXK80 or SXK50 system, and will be using it in "AP mode", using a Firewalla purple as the router / firewall.

I want to verify though - when the Orbi Pro does VLAN tagging, that is using 802.1q under the covers, correct?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Re: VLAN tagging - 802.1q?

Message 7 of 11

All Replies
hermesromeror
Apprentice

Hi

I have the same setup as you described and my recommendation is to hold your purchase until netgear fixes an issue they have when using VLAN in AP mode and multiple Satellites. 

Thanks

Message 2 of 11
zippyq
Aspirant

Are you referring to the "known issue" in the V4.2.3.102 firmware, or something else?

Message 3 of 11
hermesromeror
Apprentice

Not sure if its the know issue because I tried with only 1 satellite and it was pretty unstable. 

Message 4 of 11
zippyq
Aspirant

Thanks..  I need to buy now (long weird story), but won't be using the vlan functionality for a little while - hopefully the issue gets resolved by then.

Message 5 of 11
hermesromeror
Apprentice

Probably the same reason than me, I bought them at a really good price...

Message 6 of 11
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

It is 802.1q.

Message 7 of 11
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Where is your issue description? I only see this "SXR50 tagged VLANs for SSIDs and AP mode". It looks a user network configuration problem. Please let me know what's your issues with topology and configuration descriptoion. 

Message 8 of 11
hermesromeror
Apprentice

He means the issue included in the release notes:

• When the SXR80 router is connected to multiple SXS30 and SXS80 satellites, wireless clients that connect to wireless network 3 with the VLAN feature enabled cannot access the Internet.
    Workaround: Reload the wireless configuration or disable the VLAN feature on wireless network 3.

Besides that, this is a know issue by netgear support. It has been replicated and they are looking for a solution. I had to disable the vlans on my system. 

Message 9 of 11
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Hi 

If you reconfigue setting, the problem will not be happen anymore. What's your case ID in Netgear support system.

Message 10 of 11
hermesromeror
Apprentice

Hi @BruceGuo 

Thanks

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation