Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN accounts in RBK50, does they exist?

paul_pl
Aspirant

VPN accounts in RBK50, does they exist?

I just installed in our new office RBK50 and I'm very excited about the bandwitdths I get using wifi. I struggle though with vpn. I and my workers need to have remote access to office server (qnap). I managed to run vpn server on Netgear. I exported the ovpn file, imported it to my laptop client and I get nice access to my office network but ..... there was no any questions about creating user accounts for vpn access and this is not acceptable because if one of my worker quits the job I will have to cut his vpn connection off so he can't connect to the office network anymore. 

I suspect this device is not intended for such requirements and vpn will work only using one default account. If that's a case, can somebody recommend a good router with fast wifi and vpn management option?

Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: VPN accounts in RBK50, does they exist?

It's even worse the Netgear VPN does require the admin credentials.

Alternate approach would be looking into the QNAP QTS options for various VPNs -> How to set up and use QVPN? QBelt, L2TP/IPsec (PSK), OpenVPN and for the sake of it also PPTP is available. The nice part is that you can use the QNAP authentication you need for the data access on the shared folder anyway - so much less duplicated management.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 2 of 3
paul_pl
Aspirant

Re: VPN accounts in RBK50, does they exist?

Unfortunately our model is quite old and although there is a VPN option it works not very well. in case you want download or upload bigger files like 50 or 100 MB there are constant break ups. I do use qnap VPN at home with my newer model of qnap and it works well. so currently I am looking for the router with VPN server option again.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements