Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN issues with Global protect and SSR60

VPN_ISSUES
Follower

VPN issues with Global protect and SSR60

Our Orbi Pro SSR60 mesh system suddenly developed issues with my employer's VPN in September and our ISP and my company IT dept have not been able to resolve it. They both seem to agree that it has something to do with the router itself. The company uses Palo Alto's Global Protect. I am able to connect briefly to the VPN, but then (while global protect shows I'm still connected) the connection seems to be lost. I cannot access anything that goes through the VPN after that. I can, however, use my cell hotspot to access the VPN without issues. 

We have ensured that the IP address for the VPN server is set in the router to be always be allowed. The firmware is up-to-date. Does anyone on here use Global Protect? Is there some software or settings in the router to allow the VPN? It is very odd that it happened after we were without power adn internet for almost an entire day. When we booted back up - no more VPN. 

Any suggestions I can pass along to our IT professionals that might help resolve this issue?

Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: VPN issues with Global protect and SSR60

@VPN_ISSUES,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you are having some problems with your Orbi Pro system. May I know if this is working before? If it does, did it happen before you upgrade the firmware to 2.5.5.100? If not, please try to upgrade the firmware to 2.5.5.100 and reset it to factory default afterward.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Searly__
Aspirant

Re: VPN issues with Global protect and SSR60

Hi,

I have the DM200 Modem, and since installing my wife and I both havent been able to connect to our seperate companies global prtoect VPN. 

Excatly the same issue as mentioned in the original question?

Is this something I can fix?

There was no issues until i chnaged to the DM200.

Thanks

Daniel

Model: DM200|Broadband High-Speed DSL Modem
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements