Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wired backhaul drops internet connection - Orbi Pro 6

SteveinPortland
Aspirant

Wired backhaul drops internet connection - Orbi Pro 6

Want to set up a wired backhaul, but when I connect the satillite to the base unit I lose internet connectivity on the satillite.  I'm using CenturyLink and had to set up a VLAN (on 201).  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Steve

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@RaghuHR several similar posts - either LAN ports not working, or wired backhaul not working, ....

Message 2 of 4
GMoGoody8
Luminary

I had to move the both Ethernet ports connected to my patch panel switch to be set to VLAN Profile to 1(Default) & Mode to Trunk under Advanced --> VLAN/Bridge Settings

Message 3 of 4
SteveinPortland
Aspirant

Alas, no luck.  When I plug the switch onto port 1 on the base the computers connected to the switch can see the network, but can't get access to the internet (including the satillite).  Some additional information:

- my ISP is Centurylink.  I had to set up a new VLAN ("internet") on port 201 and set the WAN port on the base to use this VLAN in order to get internet

- the other ports on the base/satillite can connect to any VLAN execept "internet" (it's grayed out)

- one thing I haven't tried - initially the Centurylink tech and I tried to set the "bridge/VLAN group" to 201, but it didn't work, hence the creation of the new VLAN.  It's still set to 201 - once I get some time where the family isn't complaining about lack of internet I will reset it to "1" and see what happens (the other ports are set to "default", which is set to "1", so I'm not holding out hope)

- "mode" is set to "truck" for all ports.  Will do some research to see if setting it to "access" will make a difference

Thanks for the help.

Steve

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements