Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Wired backhaul with managed switch for Netgear SXK80

Wayne_Yu_813
Aspirant

Wired backhaul with managed switch for Netgear SXK80

Dear all,

I am considering to upgrade my current WiFi 6 network to WiFi 6 mesh network.

Currently I have a 10G managed switch (Qnap QSW-M1208-8C) and a main router (Qnap QHora-310W) in my network.

I would like to buy SXK80 and set it up as AP mode with wired backhaul via my 10G managed switch.

Is this configuration feasible with SXK80?

Thanks

Wayne

Message 1 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Wayne_Yu_813,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Thank you for choosing NETGEAR! My apologies, but SXK80 only supports 1GB or 2.5GB WAN/LAN port. It does not support 10GB port.

Please check the datasheet here.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Wayne_Yu_813
Aspirant

Dear John,
I know the wan/lan port in SXK80 is only 2.5g at max. But I wanna make sure it supports wired backhaul in AP mode with a switch in between the router and the satellite. This is the only way they connect to each other with 2.5G wired speed
Thanks
Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@JohnC_V the switch the OP mentioned does support 10GbE and NBASE-T technologies to support five speeds (10G / 5G / 2.5G / 1G / 100M) on the copper ports.

The core part of the question is the ability to run the Orbi Pro AX system on a wired backhaul. We learnt - albeit from unofficial sources - the classic Orbi and Orbi Pro did require a workable Spanning-Tree Protocol (STP, 802.1d) to a certain config.

Some better sourced and validated information can be expected in this product class in my opinion. Testing on a pure and mixed wired backhaul in router and AP mode should be part of the regular QA and Beta testing, so this should not be asked to much. But hey, Negear does prefer to feed always nice Youtube video makers for receiving beta and marketing samples - requests from critical community citizens are systematically ignored.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements