Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wired max distance between router and satellite

ldc50
Follower

Wired max distance between router and satellite

How far can you hardwire router to satellite?  I have about a 200ft run of cat 5e.  Does it need POE?   Currently I have a Ubiquiti AP hardwired with POE to the Orbi router, but it has no LAN port on AP.  So thinking of replaceing with an Orbi Satellite so I can connect a obi200 for Google voice.to a LAN port.  Thx.

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Wired max distance between router and satellite

Hi ldc50,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Unfortunately, Orbi Pro doesn't support POE and it uses a power adapter for the router and satellite. The maximum run for cat 5 cable should be 100 meters (328 feet), it will definitely work on your setup. 🙂

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Wired max distance between router and satellite

Hi ldc50,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Unfortunately, Orbi Pro doesn't support POE and it uses a power adapter for the router and satellite. The maximum run for cat 5 cable should be 100 meters (328 feet), it will definitely work on your setup. 🙂

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements