Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: keeps forgetting / prompting for password

dir
Apprentice
Apprentice

keeps forgetting / prompting for password

I recently installed Insight on my phone.  Now I seem to have problems if I try to log into the SRR60 web portal directly.  It rejects my password then goes into password recovery (enter serial #, etc.).  I enter a new password and can successfully log in. 

However, a few minutes later it prompts me to log back in but tells me the password is wrong.

No, it isn't.  I save the new password in my password manager.  I try typing it in manually.  It still thinks it's the wrong password.

So I repeat the entire password recovery, and try a new password.  Again, it logs me in, and my web browser offers to update it's password record.  And sure enough, a few minutes later, the password is no longer valid.

I've repeated this about 8 times.

I use the Insight app sometimes in parallel, and I'm wondering if the Insight app is somehow changing the login password with its own using some sort of back door.  If so, how do I synchronise the Insight login with the normal direct login?

I read a thread in here where someone said that you shouldn't be using the direct login once you use Insight, but that would be very painful if true because the Insight phone app is, well, a phone app and much slower to navigate around than directly logging in.

Any suggestions?

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Leia
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @dir,

Since you added your SRR60 onto Insight, Insight would manage all devices' admin passwords by locations that you set. I guess you set different passwords on Insight and SRR60 admin GUI.

So you can change the password on Insight app:

1. After login, click "Locations" button, then "Location Configuration";

2. Change "Device Admin Password" and save.

screenshot1.png

Thanks,

-Leia

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Leia
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @dir,

Since you added your SRR60 onto Insight, Insight would manage all devices' admin passwords by locations that you set. I guess you set different passwords on Insight and SRR60 admin GUI.

So you can change the password on Insight app:

1. After login, click "Locations" button, then "Location Configuration";

2. Change "Device Admin Password" and save.

screenshot1.png

Thanks,

-Leia

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements