Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: orbit Pro AX6000 Router + WAX610 AP , How to setup a same SSID just use the web ?

TonyTest
Tutor

orbit Pro AX6000 Router + WAX610 AP , How to setup a same SSID just use the web ?

It is a office with 4 rooms, each room have wired port.   And  we have  one Orbit Pro AX6000 Router and 3 WAX610 AP. 

We do not  use Netgear Insight Cloud and Insight APP.  

Can I just use web browser to setup the router + 3AP to the same SSID in each room ?

Message 1 of 9
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

Re: orbit Pro AX6000 Router + WAX610 AP , How to setup a same SSID just use the web ?

You need to configure each AP manually with the same SSID settings. That's one of reasons we developed Insight to make setup easier. 

Message 2 of 9
TonyTest
Tutor

I can  configure 3 WAX610 AP manually with the same SSID settings as the AX6000 Router .   But there is no AC device in the LAN,  Is it  can support  Phone/Pad/Notebook roaming in deferent rooms  and automatic switching the AP ?

Message 3 of 9
BruceGuo
NETGEAR Expert

I don't know why you need an AC device in the LAN. Generally wireless clients can roam and switch among APs with the same SSID and passphase.

Message 4 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Hey @BruceGuo, glad you're back!

Does Insight allow to configure the 802.11r Mobility Domain ID (not accessible to the user in the local Web UIs for whatever reason - probably protectionism or prohibition!) over the Orbi Pro WiFi 6, the WAC5xx and WAX6xx, (and for my own curiosity also the Orbi Pro) - just as it does on bunches of WAC5xx and WAX6xx installations?

@TonyTest The ability to seamless roaming is not a question of 802.11ac or 802.11ax (WiFi 6). However, it's correct that elderly devices (no OS support, no driver support) might not have the ability to handle 802.11r, 802.11k, and 802.11v properly, and might remain as sticky clients on a "bad" AP for a longer time.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 5 of 9
TonyTest
Tutor

HI, Kurt and Bruce, 

There is some netgeart AC+AP  solution for wifi5,  like   WC7600  +  WAC720  in netgear.com . 

But no any AC model for WAX610,  Does it mean that Wifi6 AP  do not need AC. 

Regards, Tony

Message 6 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Tony,

@TonyTest wrote:

There is some netgeart AC+AP  solution for wifi5,  like   WC7600  +  WAC720  in netgear.com . 

These were controller based solutions, available with .11n and .11ac APs - dead end.

@TonyTest wrote:

But no any AC model for WAX610

Orbi Pro WiFi 6 and WAX610 are of course also supporting 802.11ac (and earlier standards) wireless devices - just like the NETGEAR consumer WiFi 6 devices do.

There are many more APs along with the WAX610, but with "just" 802.11ac support, for example the WAC505, WAC510, WAC540, or WAC564 which fit into the line, and be local Web UI as well as Insight managed of course, too.  

@TonyTest wrote:

Does it mean that Wifi6 AP  do not need AC. 

I'm afraid, don't understand what you try to ask here.

-Kurt

Message 7 of 9
TonyTest
Tutor

Dear  Kurt,

1,  Can WAX610 use as AP for controller based soluntions ,  LIke one WC7500/WC7600  +  n WAX610 ?

2,  Can WAX610 use as a Stallite for the Orbi Pro AX6000 Router ? 

Message 8 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@TonyTest wrote:

1,  Can WAX610 use as AP for controller based soluntions ,  LIke one WC7500/WC7600  +  n WAX610 ?

No. Local or Insight management only.

@TonyTest wrote:

2,  Can WAX610 use as a Stallite for the Orbi Pro AX6000 Router ?

Only Orbit system matching Satellites can be used as Satellites.

My previous question to Netgear was intended to figure out if adding any WAC5xx or WAC6xx under Insight management would allow adding these as wired access points retainig the VLAN and WiFi features.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements