Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

outdoor satellite

wifiblues
Luminary

Re: outdoor satellite

that's a relief!

after the syncing of the RBS50Y to the RBR40 router - how do i access the firmware if the RBR40 is not corded to the modem?

Message 26 of 43
plemans
Guru

You can download it to the pc/laptop while connected to the regular setup. 

Then follow the manual firmware update process. 

Message 27 of 43
plemans
Guru

if you go to 192.168.*.*/hidden.htm   it should show a fw1 and fw2

*****being the address of the orbi satellites's ip address. 

fw1 is orbi mode and fw2 is extender mode. 

Does it have both there? 

Message 28 of 43
plemans
Guru

I was wrong its: ipaddress/hidden_info.htm
Message 29 of 43
plemans
Guru

If you get it connected/sync'ed, it might even work to factory reset it from admin menu. Maybe the reset button isn't clearing everything out

Message 30 of 43
wifiblues
Luminary

The RBR40 and RBS50Y are now sync'd - I am confused by how to access the firmware without going to the orbilogin.net - i tried that and it asked for my serial number which i copied from the RBR40 but it did not accept it.  

Message 31 of 43
wifiblues
Luminary

i typed the below into my laptop and ads for VPNs came up

ipaddress/hidden_info.htm

Message 32 of 43
plemans
Guru

ipaddress=the ip address for the satellite. 

so if the address is 192.168.1.10 you'd go to: 192.168.1.10/hidden_info.htm

Message 33 of 43
wifiblues
Luminary

ok - i will give it another try - i found my ip address through the orbi app which is connected to the RBR750 - will the ip address be the same when i search for the RBS50Y?

Message 34 of 43
plemans
Guru

no. the RBR40 might assign it a different address

Message 35 of 43
wifiblues
Luminary

i am slowly understanding this - it is def new to me.  if the RBR40 router is plugged in but not connected to the modem, and the RBS50Y is sync'd - how do i find the IP address.  I tried to find the IP address?  Before i tried the 192.168/hidden.htm but ads for VPNs appeared.

Message 36 of 43
plemans
Guru

when you sync the RBS50Y to the RBR40, you'll log into the RBR40 and look at your connected devices. that'll have the ip address for the rbs50y. 

use that full address + the /hidden_info.htm

Message 37 of 43
wifiblues
Luminary

i know this sounds like a circular discussion but i am not a tech savvy person.  if the RBR40 is not connected to the modem, how can i log into the RBR40 to get to find the IP address for the RBS50Y?  I attempted to log on through Orbilogin.net and put in the serial number for the RBR40 but it was not recognized - probably becuase I have the RBR750 up and running.

Message 38 of 43
wifiblues
Luminary

I think I am going to switch out the routers and temporarily replace the RBR40 for the RBR750 then access through the Orbi admin.  I've updated the RBS50Y firmware to the latest and have to reload the firmware to the extender which i found.  I hope I can reload the extender firmware manually.

Message 39 of 43
plemans
Guru

@wifiblues wrote:

i know this sounds like a circular discussion but i am not a tech savvy person.  if the RBR40 is not connected to the modem, how can i log into the RBR40 to get to find the IP address for the RBS50Y?  I attempted to log on through Orbilogin.net and put in the serial number for the RBR40 but it was not recognized - probably becuase I have the RBR750 up and running.

hardwire a pc/laptop into the rbr40 and disable its wireless. that'll ensure its only connected to the RBR40

Message 40 of 43
wifiblues
Luminary

thank you.  That makes perfect sense to hardware the RBR40 - once it is hardwired, and asuuming i get a hold of the IP address for the RBS50Y - how do i go about changing the firmware from from the latest to the extender firmware?

Message 41 of 43
plemans
Guru

That's the hard part. It has to be in extender mode to load the extender firmware. 

thats why I wanted you to check the hidden info to see if there was even the extender firmware on the other partition. 

Message 42 of 43
wifiblues
Luminary

I will hard wire the RBR40 to the laptop to see if i can discover the IP address for the RBS50Y - if i cannot, i will switch out the router and go through the Orbilogin to check there.  I know i uploaded the most current firmware and I will probably have to reload the extender firmware.  do you think that's possible?

Message 43 of 43
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 42 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements