Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: "Router Not Supported" message in ORBI app on iPAD; no problem using smartphone

ChukGleason
Aspirant

"Router Not Supported" message in ORBI app on iPAD; no problem using smartphone

Setting up a network, behind a Netgear R6300v2, base is a SRR60, currently with 2 SRS60 satellites and 1 RBS50Yv2 outdoor, with 1 more to come, and 2 ceiling units, SRC60.

When I set this up at my office, I could use the ORBI app on the iPad, no problem.  I can use the ORBI app on my smartphone, no problem. (here, this was behind another model of Netgear router, info unavailable at this time.  But it all worked)

When I installed it at the intended location and tried to access the ORBI app on the iPad, I get this 'Router Not Supported.  The ORBI app does not support your router model'  

But the ORBI app on my (Android) smartphone will work properly.  

The ORBI SRR60 is already set for AP mode. 

I can also access the web-page of the SRR60, and see everything.   

Confused.  Am I missing something simple?

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: "Router Not Supported" message in ORBI app on iPAD; no problem using smartphone

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Remove the R series router and set the SRR60 to router mode and see if the Orbi app connects then. 

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 6
ChukGleason
Aspirant

I'll give that a shot this afternoon; but I can't get rid of the R-series router, because reasons  Above My Pay Grade.  

Chuk

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Is WiFi enabled on the R6300? (Could the iPad have connected to the R6300 rather than the Orbi?)

I suspect a logic error in the Apple version of the Orbi 'app'. (not having any "fruit devices", I cannot experiment myself)

and the app has found the R6300 on the network rather than the Orbi.

This appears to be a commercial installation (?) Have they got a support contract with Netgear?

Message 4 of 6
ChukGleason
Aspirant

Well, brought the base unit back to the office, where it's behind a different Netgear router; logs in perfectly with the iPad;  almost certainly some sort of conflict with the R6300. That's all I had time to do this afternoon. 

Oh, and I had changed from AP mode, to Router Mode. 

Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@ChukGleason wrote:

Oh, and I had changed from AP mode, to Router Mode. 

Did this change happen after the Orbi was moved? i.e. Two things changed at one time (a) location and (b) mode?

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7