Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: slow and unreliable connection from SRR60/SRS60

Greyscale
Initiate

slow and unreliable connection from SRR60/SRS60

Hi everyone,

I have an Orbi Pro SRR60 and two SRS60 satellites. I have never been able to set a wireless configuration that's even close to being consistent and reliable.

My connection is a 1GB/sec fibre connection, connected to a switch, with the SRR60 connected to a port on the switch. SRR is set to AP mode, since I need some router-specific features from my fibre box.

Ethernet connection gets me 900 to 950MB/sec no problem. No matter what wireless device I use I can't get more than about 150MB/sec. 

Worse is devices connected to WiFi regularly lose connection. A phone or tablet regularly reports 'no internet connection". I have to turn WiFi off and back on again to get a connection. Also I have three Google Home devices that lose connection and have to be rebooted on average every week or so. There's a total of around 15 devices connected to the WiFi network.

Currently I have:

20/40 MHz Coexistence

WMM (on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz)

Daisy Chain off

Beamforming on

MU-MIMO on

Access Control on

Channel 11 for 2.4Ghz and 36+40+44+48(P) for 5Ghz. Very little neighbor traffic on those channels. Second and third wireless SSIDs are turned off.

All devices are running firmware 2.6.0.108

Netgear Orbi Pro web app shows "Good" or "Fair" connections for all devices. 

My house is around 5,000 sq. ft across 3 floors. Thick concrete throughout. SRR is on the top floor, first SRS is on the ground floor and shows a good signal from the Netgear Orbi Pro web app. I've been experimenting with placement for the second SRS, without much change to speed/reliability.

I've been playing with settings and SRS positions, on and off, for about 4 months. Nothing seems to work. I close to the point of writing off this (to me) expensive purchase and buying an alternative. 

Hope I've given you enough info to go on. Any help from you guys would be extremely welcome and appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
RaghuHR
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @Greyscale 

Could you please send us the debug logs from SRR60 and SRS60 when the issue was happening?

Go to https://<Ip address of SRR60/SRS60>/debug.htm

Click on start capture.

Wait for the issue to happen and you can wait at least 2-3 min before clicking save debug logs. 

Upload into google drive and send me a link to download via PM.

Also if you can send your network diagram with placement of your SRR and SRSs.

Thanks,

Raghu

Message 2 of 6
Greyscale
Initiate

Thanks for the reply, @RaghuHR.

I've started log capture on all 3 devices and will PM you with links in a day or two.

Message 3 of 6
Erikbl
Aspirant

I have the same situation, devices loose connection and don't get an ip address. I had to give my phone a reserved permanent ip address to keep the connection. Pc's get an 169 address. To me it looks like the dhcp does not work properly. Secondly when I look in the orbi app I do not see all devices online which I do see with several network scanners. When switching back to my old rt86u Asus device everything works fine. Found posts on the net where the dhcp service was used from another device to solve this problem.
Message 4 of 6
DH_1
Apprentice

@Greyscale 

Hi.  I have a similar setup....Router plus a Sat.....looking at getting another Sat soon as prices contine to fall.

1.  The 2.6.xxxx Firmware is extremely buggy.....To bad they didnt mention that......

There are posts all over this community about the problems with the 2.6.xxxx.  Firmware.

Netgear even had to post a fix......Pretty lame.......

So if you are not using Insight,  the Orbi app works just fine...

I am Blazing along at my adertised speed from my ISP with out any problems....

We are teaching online via zoom....no problems.....watching movies.....not problem.....

The fix is to downgrade the firmware to 2.5.5.100.....Untill they post a fix....

My suggestion would be not to jump on the firmware wagon too soon.   Check with the post in the Orbi Pro Community....

Save yourself a lot of time......And if you have a business, save some money......

Netgear does not handle their business solution to well from an IS Support....and their firmware ....well .????

Put it this way, I am not a PC Plumber.....I have a business to run......Good luck

Message 5 of 6
Erikbl
Aspirant

The orbi app on the phone only sees 20 devices while fing sees 43.
I have changed the orbi"pro" to access point and reused my reliable Asus RC-86U as a router and now the orbi app shows 46 devices connected, all devices get an ip address.!!!
Conclusion the SRR60 is an unreliable router with firmware 2.6.2.200. has a Dhcp problem. It looks like an old bug has been released again
Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements