Re: turn off 2.4GHZ radio

robster15
Follower

turn off 2.4GHZ radio

Hi Everyone,

We just purchased Orbi Pro. I just upgraded the firmware to V2.1.4.16, I can't find a way to turn off 2.4 radio. I will be using the router to a manufacturing convention. It will have a lot of machine that will interfere with 2.4 radio. I need to disable it and use 5GHZ only. Please help.

Model: Orbi Pro Tri-band WiFi System (SRK60) AC3000
Message 1 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @robster15,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Unfortunately, we do not have an option to disable the 2.4ghz. We can only disable broadcasting the SSID but not to turn it off.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

I would like to have a follow up on the thread that you posted. Please let us know if everything is ok now or you still need further assistance.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
wifi_pro
Aspirant

that answer is crazy.

are you seriously saying that we can't turn off 2.4Ghz or even change the SSID?

what on earth possessed the dev team to not implement that feature?

Basic radio control is a necessity where there are too many 2.4GHz signals. adequate quality of signal just becomes unachievable.
combining that with an inability to prevent undesirable roaming between good and bad parts of the spectrum, netgear has a serious design flaw on their hands here.
Message 4 of 5
NaderA
NETGEAR Expert

We are looking into adding this feature in an upcoming SW release.

Orbi Pro Product Management

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements