× Get weekly deals on business products. Shop Ethernet Switches and more In the NETGEAR Store
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors

Get Orbi Pro now

Orbi Pro Support

Login to discuss Orbi Pro

Highlighted
Aspirant

what size buisness would orbi pro be good for?

my brother is opening a brewery, i dont know the size of the facility he was looking at, or how many employees there would be, i imagine the facility wont be to big. how benificial would it be to have something like this over just a normal router for a small business.

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Guru

Re: what size buisness would orbi pro be good for?

@antics wrote:

how benificial would it be to have something like this over just a normal router for a small business.

Most breweries I've toured are large enough that a single router wouldn't provide full coverage (and I suspect the pipes and tanks will block the signal).  Orbi could help with that, especially if you position the router and satellites so they are above the tanks.

Orbi Pro with satellites will be able to handle more wifi connections than a normal consumer router.

Also Orbi Pro allows you to set up three wifi networks - one that is customer facing, one that is for employees, and a third that is for managers.  All can have different network names and passcodes.  The customer facing network allows you to add a splash page for your business that includes wifi terms and conditions.  It also supports usage limits (letting you limit the connection time for each customer).

Message 2 of 2