Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Alexa won’t communicate on Orbi Voice

Stopforth
Aspirant

Alexa won’t communicate on Orbi Voice

Hi All,

Ordered the Orbi router and Orbi voice and set it up to function for the most part, however after logging into my amazon account and ‘alexa’ saying she is ready to be asked about the weather, all she says is ‘I can’t communicate right now, please refer to the Orbi app’ which is extremely unhelpful.

I tried moving the satellite, granting permission for Netgear via Alexa apps, even formatted the whole system and started all over again but the same thing. Perhaps an amazon account issue?

Thanks
Message 1 of 3

Re: Alexa won’t communicate on Orbi Voice

Can you conect tki the wifi from the voice satellite? That would confirm that it is set up and running properly as a satellite.

Have you installed the various Orbi and Alexa apps and skills? Set up a NETGEAR account?

There is support for the RBS40V, including manuals, at the end of this link:

>>> Orbi RBS40V | WiFi System | NETGEAR Support<<<

See the section Add Amazon Alexa to Your Orbi Voice.

Message 2 of 3
Stopforth
Aspirant

Re: Alexa won’t communicate on Orbi Voice

Thanks,

Unfortunately none of these things worked but I called and they helped fix things. It was a strange one. Went through one by one and the router was outputting a WiFi signal to the satellite but was saying offline on the app so it couldn’t all communicate
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7