Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Compatibilità Orbi Voice

nebula_osx
Aspirant

Compatibilità Orbi Voice

Salve. Sono titolare di una linea FTTH Vodafone. Usando già da qualche tempo un router Mikrotik come principale e volendo rimuovere la vodafone station, volevo sapere se il Netgear Orbi Voice può essere collegato al router mikrotik o se necessita obbligatoriamente di un router della serie Orbi.

Grazie in anticipo per la risposta

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

the orbi voice can function as either a orbi satellite or as a wireless extender for routers that aren't orbi. You do need to switch the mode on the orbi voice to do so.

https://kb.netgear.com/000061088/How-do-I-set-up-my-Orbi-Voice-in-Extender-Mode

Message 2 of 4
nebula_osx
Aspirant

ok thank you but, if I don't have any wifi in my house (because my mikrotik router is just a non-wifi router) can I use orbi voice to create a wifi point (like an access point, connecting orbi voice and mikrotik with eth lan cable) or Do I need mandatorily a wifi to extend ?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

I've got a RBS40V and couldn't find anywhere that it has the options to run AP mode. I also couldn't find it in the manual. So you'll need some type of wireless AP for the RBS40V to run off for extender mode. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7