Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Not Honoring Amazon Proof of Purchase

DevilJet
Tutor

Netgear Not Honoring Amazon Proof of Purchase

I had purchased a Orbi Voice, RBK50V, mesh router from Amazon.  I had registered the route on-line going through the setup.  I had an issue with the connections dropping from the voice satillite so I opened a case with Netgear.  I received an email from Netgear support stating that the manufacture date takes the router out of warranty because "It seems that the purchase date specified for this registration is beyond a reasonable "presumed shelf life" (difference between manufacture date and purchase date)."  Netgear has the "purchase date" as " 2018-09-01".  I received the route from Amazon.com on May 3, 2020.

I'm VERY ticked off at both Amazon,for sending me a "shelfed" router, and Netgear for not honoring the proof of purchase I sent them at least five times.  I called support and gave them the serial number on the bottom of the router last week and today I received another email from Netgear stating the serial number did not match to the device.

Today, I sent them an image of the bottom of the router showing the serial number, MAC address, the original network name, and network password.  If Netgear does not honor that information I will return the "devices" and NEVER use a Netgear device again! 

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DevilJet
Tutor

Re: Netgear Not Honoring Amazon Proof of Purchase

I finially got a support person that knew what they were doing and got my warranty information corrected!  It shouldn't have been that hard to do!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DevilJet
Tutor

Re: Netgear Not Honoring Amazon Proof of Purchase

I finially got a support person that knew what they were doing and got my warranty information corrected!  It shouldn't have been that hard to do!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7