Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Orbi Voice not playing back Amazon prime music

Ngulino
Follower

New Orbi Voice not playing back Amazon prime music

Just set up my new Orbi RBR50 system yesterday which came with the Orbi voice Satelite. All was working fine this morning, Asked Alexa to play my daily briefing as well as some music with no issues. All of a sudden the playback stopped. I checked the app and still connected to the internel. In fact, Alexa still responds ands wwill answer questions but when I tell her to play back music nothing streams out of the Orbi voice speaker. Checked the vollume and all other settings on the device. Checked the playback on my other Alexa devices and no issues to report. Seems odd that Alexa is working and can confirm internet connection but playback stopped. Anyone else have this probelm?

Message 1 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Ngulino

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please check if the music service account or subscription is still linked to your Amazon account in the Alexa app. 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 6
DevilJet
Tutor

I also have a RBK50V which stops playing music too.  The Alexa app does hear me and starts to play music, from Amazon Prime and other services, but just stops play after about an hour, some times less.  This is a new mesh router pair that I just installed yesterday.  It was not fun and I am very technical! Smiley FrustratedThe current firmware build on the route is V2.5.1.8 which was updated yesterday after I installed the router.

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 3 of 6
vnikou
Initiate

Hi,
I bought the same router/satelite (rbk50) with the voice unit. When asking Alexa to play a music it announces the name : “here is five little monkey by x” but nothing happens after that!
Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 4 of 6
Kretch
Aspirant

The same thing happens to me when trying to play Amazon music, which works fine on all my other Alexa devices. It will announce the name of the song and artist, but no music plays after that. It will play Spotify however if tell it to with no issues. Netgear, please help!
Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 5 of 6
Mimmuz75
Aspirant

Was there any solution to this issue? dealing with the same thing. I've tried to factory reset, upgrade firmware, disconnect the device from the amazon account and reconnect, not sure what else to try. Any help would be appreciated

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7