Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OK wifi but horrible Ethernet connection

Boddingtonsz
Aspirant

OK wifi but horrible Ethernet connection

So I just got a RBS40V from work to put on my network which entails 1 RBR50 and 1 satelite RBS50. My wifi seems to be great, I have a gig through Frontier (fiber) coming in and I get 700+ on the other side of the house with my iphone. The house is 2600 sqft, and the Router is on one end while the RBS40V is on the other. The RBS50 is in the middle but not in a direct line, each satelite I believe is more than 30 ft apart.

My question or issue is I have my Gaming computer hardline Cat5 to the RBS40V and  the MBS is horrid 150-170.

Could this be the settings? 

Too many wifi things connected to it? (if this is the case I would want to know to fix it lol)

Interference?

Connected work laptop to each device

RBR50 - Router

447 Download

479 Up

RBS40V - Satelite

211 Down

176 Up

RBS50 - Satelite

330 Down

186 Up

PS4 is being played as well as an ipad and downstairs TV

22 Devices onilne (varies Nest products, Amazon speakers etc, not in use but online)

I just had to un daisy chain becuase it quit working all together.

Also I noticed the only way I get those 700+ numbers are on the orbi app speed test. Fast and Speak easy are more like 130.

Ideas?

What other info would you need.

Thank you in advance

Cheers

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 3
Boddingtonsz
Aspirant

Re: OK wifi but horrible Ethernet connection

Also from reading the forums is it possible to put the RBS40V in AP mode and would that help ?

@Boddingtonsz wrote:

So I just got a RBS40V from work to put on my network which entails 1 RBR50 and 1 satelite RBS50. My wifi seems to be great, I have a gig through Frontier (fiber) coming in and I get 700+ on the other side of the house with my iphone. The house is 2600 sqft, and the Router is on one end while the RBS40V is on the other. The RBS50 is in the middle but not in a direct line, each satelite I believe is more than 30 ft apart.

My question or issue is I have my Gaming computer hardline Cat5 to the RBS40V and  the MBS is horrid 150-170.

Could this be the settings? 

Too many wifi things connected to it? (if this is the case I would want to know to fix it lol)

Interference?

Connected work laptop to each device

RBR50 - Router

447 Download

479 Up

RBS40V - Satelite

211 Down

176 Up

RBS50 - Satelite

330 Down

186 Up

PS4 is being played as well as an ipad and downstairs TV

22 Devices onilne (varies Nest products, Amazon speakers etc, not in use but online)

I just had to un daisy chain becuase it quit working all together.

Also I noticed the only way I get those 700+ numbers are on the orbi app speed test. Fast and Speak easy are more like 130.

Ideas?

What other info would you need.

Thank you in advance

Cheers

Message 2 of 3
Boddingtonsz
Aspirant

Re: OK wifi but horrible Ethernet connection

Update : 

So if I eliminate the RBS40V from the network I jump 100mbs to 270mbs. 

I also realized I have a Cat5 cable from the modem to the router, I have Cat8 on order now for that.

Will report back when I have the proper cable from modem to router.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7