Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ORBI VOICE

jjkappock
Follower

ORBI VOICE

MY ORBI VOICE DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO STREAM MY APPLE MUSIC SUBSCRIPTION, DOES NOT HAVE YAHOO EMAIL AND WILL NOT SUPPORT PHONE CALLS FROM MY IPHONE XR

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @jjkappock

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

To set up your streaming audio service, you must link your streaming audio service to Alexa using the Amazon Alexa app.

The Orbi Voice does not support “Calling & Messaging” feature. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Caveman65
Initiate

Doesn’t matter if you set up Alexa or not. Even if your Apple Music skill is activated on Alexa it still won’t play Apple Music. What a rip off. I’m ready to send this thing back.
Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 3 of 4
JohnWickXXX
Initiate

You are 100% correct.  It does not matter if you connect your Orbi Voice to your Alexa account with Apple Music as your default streaming service and skill.  The Orbi Voice will not play music from Apple Music.  I have an Amazon Echo connected to the same account and it plays my Apple Music without any issue.  VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!  I am considering returning this device due to it not doing what it should do .  There really is no excuse for it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7