Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Pro vs Orbi Voice (RBS40V) - work together in an orbi system (not expander)

div_online_UA
Follower

Orbi Pro vs Orbi Voice (RBS40V) - work together in an orbi system (not expander)

For several days I’ve been trying to configure the possibility of joint work of Orbi Pro SRR60 vs Orvie Voice RBS40V in an Orbi system (not like a Wi Fi-extender by cable from the main router).

According to the NetGear, this satellite, RBS40V - model, should work with ANY Orby system ... 

Someone did it, or just as a Wi Fi network extender?

Model: SRK60B03|Orbi Pro Tri-Band Business WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Pro vs Orbi Voice (RBS40V) - work together in an orbi system (not expander)

Hi @div_online_UA

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Orbi Voice satellite (RBS40V) in Orbi Mode can be paired with Orbi Home routers such as RBR50, RBR40, RBR20, CBR40... 

For you to sync the Orbi Voice Satellite (RBS40V) to your Obri Pro System then Satellite should be setup in Extender mode. Here's a reference of how to set it up in Extender mode: https://kb.netgear.com/000061427/

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
SLO5OH
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Pro vs Orbi Voice (RBS40V) - work together in an orbi system (not expander)

So let me get this straight... In able to use a RBS40V with the SRR60 you have to put the RBS40V in Extender mode, rendering the Alexa features virtually useless because you are unable to access it as a Satellite in the Orbi app on your phone. Am I correct?

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7