Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Voice Alexa Cannot Whisper

tommyday
Tutor

Orbi Voice Alexa Cannot Whisper

Just a week ago, I replaced an Amazon Echo with an ORBI Voice RBK50V in order to improve WiFi reception to that part of the house, as well as to enjoy music through Alexa.  It works pretty well, but there is some functionality missing.  I use the "whisper" function in Alexa at night in order to not wake the kids, when I shut down lights,etc.  It appears that Orbi cannot whisper.  Am I missing a setting to enable this, or is there a place I can submit an enhancement request?  Also, this Orbi appears to not "hear" as well as the Echo.  I sometime have to scream at it to control functions when music is playing, as it does not respond to commands at the speaking volume that the Echo supported.  Is there an option to adjust the "listening sensitivity?"  All in all, I'm very happy with this device, but some things can use a little tweaking.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi Voice Alexa Cannot Whisper

I think you'll get better responses if you post your question regarding Orbi Voice here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Voice-WiFi-Meets-HiFI/bd-p/en-home-orbi-voice

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7