Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Voice RBS-v40 doens't work with Tunein

Mr_bwd
Aspirant

Orbi Voice RBS-v40 doens't work with Tunein

Hey,

Since a few days my orbi voice doesnt support Tunein radio. I used it very often. Now it say '<any radio> on tunin live is not available right now'. The firmware i use on my orbi is V2.6.1.4. and the router has V2.5.2.4. Does anyone knows how to fix this problem? I miss the radio....

Or is it possible to get google assistance on it. That would be great.

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Jaihun
Initiate

Re: Orbi Voice RBS-v40 doens't work with Tunein

Amazingly, I upgraded my phone to iphone 12 this weekend, and TuneIn started working on the Orbi Voice. I had previously re-installed both the Orbi and Alexa apps, but this didn't help - and no idea, why upgrading the phone helped. There must be some bug in the apple software - maybe hard reset on the phone would help...

View solution in original post

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Jaihun
Initiate

Hi, and thanks for raising this - I've been looking for a solution now for 2 weeks. Playing Tunein via Alexa app and phone speakers works fine, but as soon as audio is directed to Orbi Voice, it says that Tunein Live (=premium service) is not available. 

I'm on the same firmware level (RBS40V V2.6.1.4 / RBR50 V2.5.2.4) - and while there are several other radio apps in Alexa skills, only Tunein can be controlled via the app.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 2 of 5
Mr_bwd
Aspirant

Yes and i loved the sound and to use the app with the system. This is a reason why I bought the rbs40v. I think I could better buy a satellite and a separate speaker...
Message 3 of 5
Jaihun
Initiate

Amazingly, I upgraded my phone to iphone 12 this weekend, and TuneIn started working on the Orbi Voice. I had previously re-installed both the Orbi and Alexa apps, but this didn't help - and no idea, why upgrading the phone helped. There must be some bug in the apple software - maybe hard reset on the phone would help...

Message 4 of 5
Mr_bwd
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I have an android phone. I just tried it again and it works. It look like they have updated the firmware of the tunein/ orbi. It works now and I am happy 😊

But I hope that it will be support google assistance
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7