Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Voice isn't quite working

DLLM
Guide

Orbi Voice isn't quite working

Just setup my RBK50V yesterday, with firmware 2.3.0.12, able to login with my Amazon account, I can see the Orbi Voice on my Alexa device list from the app too.  However, if I talk to Orbi Voice "Alexa..." it just reply me "Sorry, I am having trouble understand right now.  For help, please go to Netgear Orbi app." with red LED ring indicator.  I went to the app and can see the Orbi Voice on the network as Orbi Satellite-1" .  If I go to details and can see I have signed in with my Amazon account.  Already tried logout Amazon from Orbi Voice as well as deregister the device from my Alexa device list and go through the setup all over again (2 times).

What could be missing here causing it cannot connect to Alexa?  I have Echo and Echo Spot on the same network, and they both working well, just the Orbi Voice isn't.

2nd question.  For the Orbi Voice, is there a way to change the Wake Word from "Alexa" to "Compter"?  I did that for my Echo and Echo Spot, but I don't see such option on the Orbi Voice.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
DLLM
Guide

Re: Orbi Voice isn't quite working

I managed to get it working at last, by logging into the router through a browser (not the app), clicked a few OK button since it was my 1st time login via browser and all in sudden it works.
My finding is that the iPhone app cannot make the Orbi router/voice to 100% functional without a web base visit.
Anyway, I am all good now.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies

@DLLM wrote:

I went to the app and can see the Orbi Voice on the network as Orbi Satellite-1" .

What is this network? What Orbi router are you using?

Message 2 of 8
DLLM
Guide

@michaelkenward wrote:

@DLLM wrote:

I went to the app and can see the Orbi Voice on the network as Orbi Satellite-1" .

What is this network? What Orbi router are you using?

The RBK50V set, and both my Echo, Echo spot are connected to the RBK50V, which are working fine.

Message 3 of 8

That's the RBR50 router plus the RBS40V satellite.

I assume that the RBR50 is behaving as expected.

Message 4 of 8
DLLM
Guide

@michaelkenward wrote:

That's the RBR50 router plus the RBS40V satellite.

I assume that the RBR50 is behaving as expected.

Yes, the RBR50 works well, and the Orbi Voice also connected to it, but just it does not work when I talk to it "Alexa...".  Tried a different Amazon account, same result.

Message 5 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @DLLM

I suggest to do this steps: open Orbi app > Network map > tap on Orbi Voice icon > Details tab and connected Amazon Account > click English voice commands. 

Keep us posted of the result. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 6 of 8
DLLM
Guide

I managed to get it working at last, by logging into the router through a browser (not the app), clicked a few OK button since it was my 1st time login via browser and all in sudden it works.
My finding is that the iPhone app cannot make the Orbi router/voice to 100% functional without a web base visit.
Anyway, I am all good now.
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for the report back.

Generally the browser is a more versatile way into controlling things. And the iPhone app seems to be "challenging" for Netgear.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7