Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Voice unable to control volume or tone controls

RudyFord3
Aspirant

As others have reported, I'm unable to control the volume on my Orbi voice satellite. Firmware is up to date. Haven't seen a post on a fix. 

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 26 of 50
Mstrbig
Master

@RudyFord3 wrote:

As others have reported, I'm unable to control the volume on my Orbi voice satellite. Firmware is up to date. Haven't seen a post on a fix. 

I posted it earlier in this thread:

Find the IP address of the orbi voice. in your browser type 192.168.1.xx<- the ip adress/debug.htm, example 192.168.1.15/debug.htm and try Upgrade Touch Board Firmware.

Message 27 of 50
ohlordalltaken
Aspirant

I must be stoopid.  I've tried to enter the IP address - it asks for username and password.  I have tried "admin" and "password", as well as my Orbi username (email) and that password.  I am able to get into the Orbi admin site, but not this IP address on the debug page.  What am I doing wrong?

Message 28 of 50
RudyFord3
Aspirant

Having the same issue. Was given the info for a fix, but cannot log into the Orbi voice to apply it!
Message 29 of 50
Jrhodes24
Aspirant

What has been the resultion to this - it works if i reset it but that is a stupid solution.  I have updated all the firmware 

Message 30 of 50
Stylerod
Tutor

After going to debug page and running upgrade touch board firmware, what version were you at? I stayed at 27.
Message 31 of 50
Mstrbig
Master

Updating touch oars may not update the version, but it will reinstall fixing whatever was corrupted.
Message 32 of 50
ohlordalltaken
Aspirant

Thaks for the help here - but I still can't log into the debug page.  I have used the default (admin/password) as well as all permutations of my username, admin, and passwords.   I must be doing something wrong...

Message 33 of 50
Mstrbig
Master

@ohlordalltaken wrote:

Thaks for the help here - but I still can't log into the debug page.  I have used the default (admin/password) as well as all permutations of my username, admin, and passwords.   I must be doing something wrong...

Log into orbilogin.com. look at attached devices, write down the ip address of the RBS40V. if it is 192.168.1.x, type http://192.168.1.x/debug.htm in your browser. When prompted for the username and password, type in admin for the name, unless you changed it and what ever password you used to log into orbilogin.com. 

Message 34 of 50

@ohlordalltaken wrote:

Thaks for the help here - but I still can't log into the debug page. 

Can you login to the Voice's regular page using its IP address?

If you set it to the factory defaults, then admin and password get you in.

When you have confirmed that you can get in there, as @Mstrbig suggests, just go to debug.htm. You may not even need to login.

Message 35 of 50
ohlordalltaken
Aspirant

Thanks all - I was finally able to get in.  I should have kept all to the defaults!!!  Was able to update the firmware to 27, and now the controls are active.  We will see if they continue to work, but this is a big improvement over nothing at all!  Thanks!!!

Message 36 of 50
Stylerod
Tutor

I want to thank you guys for the answer too. Updating the firmware, even though it stayed the same version, seems to have fixed it. Funny though. Even though the screen showed it was rebooting the uptime didn't show that it did. But it works. Hopefully that is a permanent fix.
Message 37 of 50
Dova_mike
Aspirant

The debug fix worked for me. Thanks!!!
Message 38 of 50
Stylerod
Tutor

After doing the debug Upgrade Touch Board Firmware the fix lasted at least a few weeks. But now the volume doesn't work again. I am doing the firmware upgrade again. I was hoping this was going to be permanent. Checked for firmware updates and I do see a newer firmware but it just says security fix. 

Message 39 of 50
Cjmurphy2010
Aspirant

I’m having exact same issue. No volume control on the hardware itself. I can slide the indicator but doesn’t affect volume. I also cannot control volume from the app. All firmware and apps have been updated.
Message 40 of 50
turtlegirl76
Aspirant

Thank you!  I use the Netgear app to work with my Orbi Voice as an extender.  The app indicated that all firmware was up to date.  I followed these instructions and now I can adjust the volume when listening to Amazon Music.

Message 41 of 50
turtlegirl76
Aspirant

The username is Admin, the password is the password for your orbi account.  So it's a mix of the two things you've tried.

Message 42 of 50

@turtlegirl76 wrote:

The username is Admin, the password is the password for your orbi account.  So it's a mix of the two things you've tried.

Unlikely. 

The Orbi username for controlling the thing itself will be 

admin

No cap. 

For that the default password is:

password 

Again, no caps. 

Unless you have changed it. In which case it will be what you changed it too. 

That may or may not be the same as an "Orbi" account, whatever that is. 

Message 43 of 50
SweetRed
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. I can't control the volume using the slider or my voice. The Alexa app doesn't even have a volume option like all my other Alexa devices.
Message 44 of 50
Stylerod
Tutor

@SweetRed wrote:
I'm having the same issue. I can't control the volume using the slider or my voice. The Alexa app doesn't even have a volume option like all my other Alexa devices.

Did you try the workaround/fix from earlier in the thread? 

Kind of shocking Netgear is ignorning this.

Message 45 of 50
SweetRed
Aspirant

@Stylerod  Honestly, I didn't want to have to read through all the comments.  I guess I have to.  I will in a bit because I'm not home now. 

Message 46 of 50
wstew17
Aspirant

I'm also unable to control volume using either voice or the slider. I am using firmware V2.6.1.4 and don't see any new updates. 

Message 47 of 50
Mstrbig
Master

This is the solution that I posted earlier in this thread:

Find the IP address of the orbi voice. in your browser type 192.168.1.xx<- the ip adress/debug.htm, example 192.168.1.15/debug.htm and try Upgrade Touch Board Firmware.

Message 48 of 50
Happy2camp
Aspirant

Rebooting my Orbi Voice seemed to have resolved the volume control issue I experienced, at least for the time being. It appears that the Alexa App interface with the Orbi Voice is very glitchy. It is also disappointing that Multiroom audio is not supported on the Orbi Voice.

Message 49 of 50
Razorback92
Initiate

Just a heads up. Rebooting works and will allow control, until it doesn’t. Then you have to reboot again. Changing the voice that Alexa uses also works. Until it doesn’t.
Message 50 of 50
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7