Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Voice using Alexa timer/alarm doesn't go off

Lorvau
Guide

Orbi Voice using Alexa timer/alarm doesn't go off

I have been using my Orbi Voice Satellite Alexa feature.  It has been great.  Two days ago, I noticed the Alexa ability using a timer (or an alarm) no longer works (it doesn't ring or flash).  Alexa will tell me the timer has been set, and will even tell me how much time is remaining on the timer.  But when the timer is supposed to go off, nothing happens.  I have unplugged/replugged.  Disconnected and reconnected my Amazon account within the ORBI app.  All other Alexa functions appear to work correctly.  I contacted AMAZON and they walked me through some steps but say that the problem is NetGear's not theirs.  I also have an Echo Dot and the Alexa Timer ability works fine on that device, using both sound and lights.  Anybody else come across this?

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 35
Jazaiden
Initiate

Re: Orbi Voice using Alexa timer/alarm doesn't go off

I have the same exact problem.
Message 2 of 35
Foobal
Initiate

Same problem. Issue probably began with a firmware update a few weeks back I think
Message 3 of 35
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Lorvau @Jazaiden @Foobal

Please provide the current firmware version. 

Does reverting to the previous firmware version helps?

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 35
Dpang
Initiate

Similar issue for me - snooze function triggers fast blinking cyan-blue. Will not stop until power off-on. Firmware v2.3.6.4.
Message 5 of 35
Foobal
Initiate

I did the best thing possible with this  netgear orbi - returned it to the store where i bought!

Message 6 of 35
Lorvau
Guide

RBS40V: the Alexa Timer/Alarm function doesn't work with either v2.5.1.6 or v2.6.1.4

FYI - My RBR50 is/was at v2.70.70

Message 7 of 35
dberger8811
Tutor

On my Orbi voice it will not announce my reminders that I have set but did announce them until about 2 weeks ago. The prompt for the reminder displays on my IPhone and makes a sound but nothing from my Orbi voice satellite.
Message 8 of 35
ddelaune
Tutor

I have the same issue with alarm not going off anymore. I’m on 2.6.2.4. We have this in our kitchen and is what we use for a cooking timer. Sucks that this doesn’t work anymore. Can netgear confirm if this is on the list for developers to fix?
Message 9 of 35
MarkOlytyr
Initiate

Same issue. Reminders and alarm doesn’t work. Alexa app says they’re turned on. Firmware 2.6.1.4
Message 10 of 35
ddelaune
Tutor

Blanca, can you please respond and let us know if this is on the list for development to fix in the next firmware release? Latest firmware still has this issue of the alarm sound not going off.
Message 11 of 35
Deuces64
Initiate

Running 2.7.2.104 on my RBR50, Alexa timer sets and gives status but won’t sound alarm when completed. Any fix planned? Any workarounds?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 12 of 35
kmburns5
Initiate

We are having the same issue with our RBS40V.  Had been using alarms for my daughter's zoom calls for months now and suddenly now after the last update, no alarms will go off.  I've tried everything - restarting, unplugging, to no avail!  Netgear please fix!

Message 13 of 35
ddelaune
Tutor

Is anyone at Netgear still monitoring this forum? Can we please get an update on whether this issue has been submitted to development to fix?  @Blanca_O  

Message 14 of 35
DanielQUANTUM
Aspirant

Same problem as everyone on this thread. Orbi Alexa Timer function does not sound the Alarm sound at Time zero.
Timer does report that it is running until Time zero
Then just evaporates.
Netgear PLEASE put this on your high priority software fix list.
Message 15 of 35
DanielQUANTUM
Aspirant

Hi Bianca
This thread is an urgent software fix issue. It probably has impacted the entire Orbi Alexa product
Alexa timer does not work anymore!
It is likely a software bug which goes back to at least September 2020 when the thread started.
Please get it on the list and let this thread know the Ticket number.
Thanks so much for the help!
Message 16 of 35
Ryan2021
Initiate

I'm having the same issue with V2.6.2.4.  The Alexa app says the Alarm was created, but the alarm never happens.

Message 17 of 35
DanielQUANTUM
Aspirant

Does anyone on this thread know how to submit a help desk ticket?

It seems Netgear has left the entire user community adrift with the new policy of only allowing support tickets during the first 6 months from purchase.

UNBELIEVABLE to have to pay for help desk support after purchasing like $500 of orbi mesh routers, and then they change the firmware injecting coding errors which make portions of the product non-functional.

How do we get through to the company senior management?

Message 18 of 35
jp10e
Tutor

Similar issues. Firmware V2.6.2.4 on Satalite RBS40v. The RBR50 router firmware is up to date ( V2.7.2.104)  Reminders aren't playing on my Orbi Satalite, yet they are playing Amazon Echo Dots. I've even tried setting reminders specifically and exclusively to the Orbi satalite and they still aren't playing. 

Message 19 of 35
gg7aph
Tutor

Same issue. Same disappoint in Orbit Support. RBS40v on 2.6.2.4.
Message 20 of 35
ddelaune
Tutor

I guess we’re starting to realize how little power we actually have as consumers to enact change. We can only hope these threads get public awareness so that future consumers don’t fall into the same trap, but the reality is that it is unlikely to be enough of an affect to enact real change.
Message 21 of 35
Lorvau
Guide

Before I first logged this issue, I had called Amazon/Alexa support.  They iwalked me through a bunch of stuff even though it was not on an echo product an informed me that it was a NetGear problem.  Amazon support called NetGear support (with me on the phone, too) and explained the problem to NetGear.  NetGear opened a ticket which expired after 10 days because I had not paid for continued support after my initial 6 months.  I was even able to go into the ticket and put a clear statement of the problem (because the NetGear support person had not stated it correctly) It was what I then used to begin this thread.  6 mos is a long time for no solution.  I agree we should not have to pay for support for NetGear to fix a problem they created.  it's their mistake, not ours.  unbelievably frustrating.  Amazon support went above and beyond to try to help me with something beyond their control!

Message 22 of 35
jp10e
Tutor

@Lorvau wrote:

Before I first logged this issue, I had called Amazon/Alexa support.  They iwalked me through a bunch of stuff even though it was not on an echo product an informed me that it was a NetGear problem.  Amazon support called NetGear support (with me on the phone, too) and explained the problem to NetGear.  NetGear opened a ticket which expired after 10 days because I had not paid for continued support after my initial 6 months.  I was even able to go into the ticket and put a clear statement of the problem (because the NetGear support person had not stated it correctly) It was what I then used to begin this thread.  6 mos is a long time for no solution.  I agree we should not have to pay for support for NetGear to fix a problem they created.  it's their mistake, not ours.  unbelievably frustrating.  Amazon support went above and beyond to try to help me with something beyond their control!

Was Amazon able to get the issue resolved?

Message 23 of 35
Lorvau
Guide

no, that's why they called NetGear Support, to hand it off to them

Message 24 of 35
nugent68
Aspirant

@Blanca_OFirmware V2.6.2.4 same issue. If you would kindly tell me how to revert to the previous version of the firmware, I will give it a try.

Message 25 of 35
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7