Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Voice using Alexa timer/alarm doesn't go off

ponchman24
Initiate

Re: Orbi Voice using Alexa timer/alarm doesn't go off

Same problem here!  How pathetic is it that netgear broke this and now won't fix it!  I will consider another vendor next upgrade cycle.

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 26 of 35
Soke577
Initiate

I have the same problem how I can fix?
Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 27 of 35
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi, All,  

If you're experiencing issue using Alexa Timer with the Orbi Voice Satellite, please send me a private message with your name, email address and device serial number as we may have a beta version that may help address the issue(s).

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 28 of 35
inteller
Apprentice

It shouldnt be a beta firmware.  It should be a patch for what you broke in this firmware.  Development process is broken here.

Message 29 of 35
Memaw
Aspirant

Until recently I could set an alarm or timer, now Alexa acknowledges the alarm or timer is set. She also tells me how much time is left upon request, but when the time comes there is no alarm or timer notification. I can set it up on my Kindle where it does work, so the issue is connected to Orbi. Please advise.

Message 30 of 35
gg7aph
Tutor

Hello Blanca

I'm interested in trying the beta firmare that may resolve the lack of timer issue on Orbi Voice. My detials are below:

name: ANDREW HARGREAVES

email address: GG7APH@GMAIL.COM

device serial number: 5F928A7GA108D

Thanks

Message 31 of 35
obisbo99
Aspirant

So the new firmware says it fixes the alarm issue which it technically does but now I cannot turn off the alarm. It keeps going off no matter what I say to Alexa. The only way to stop the alarm is to delete it in the app.
Message 32 of 35
Lorvau
Guide

Originally to stop it, I would say “Alexa Stop” but now with the patch, I have to say “Alexa Stop Timer” or “Alexa Stop Alarm”. Netgear does not consider this to be their problem. Annoying but it works.
Message 33 of 35
obisbo99
Aspirant

Thank you! I thought I had tried that but it worked. Appreciate the help.
Message 34 of 35
davidh348
Aspirant

The device used to give me a verbal announcement reminder but now only sends me a message to my apple phone.

Do you have a fix?

Message 35 of 35
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7