Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Voice, volume controls (slider on top & voice command "Alexa volume up/down) do no

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Orbi Voice, volume controls (slider on top & voice command "Alexa volume up/down) do not respond

The volume controls on top of the Orbi Voice stop working, vol control slider on top lights up and move left and right, and voice command to change the volume have no effect. Volume stays the same. Can change the volume via the Alexa cell app but not by voice control or top light slider.  Power failing the Orbi Voice fixes it for a while then the problem reoccurs.  I think it's a firmware issue, because the volume can be changed via the Alexa cell phone app 100% of the time.

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Voice, volume controls (slider on top & voice command "Alexa volume up/down) do not respond

Hi @Retired_Member

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

- May we please know the firmware version of the router and satellite? 

- What version is the Alexa app and Orbi app? 

- Are there other services affected aside from the volume control? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Voice, volume controls (slider on top & voice command "Alexa volume up/down) do not respond

Hi @Retired_Member

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 7
sctybones
Initiate

Re: Orbi Voice, volume controls (slider on top & voice command "Alexa volume up/down) do no

The volume controls stopped working on top of the satellite speaker can someone help. No sound comes out or it’s really really soft. Firmware v2.3.5.14
Message 4 of 7
industrial
Aspirant

I have same issue, but with the added bonus that Alexa app cannot change the volume either.
Message 5 of 7
Jessetgerber
Initiate

Same issue. The speaker says it’s on volume 10 but it is very low
Message 6 of 7
Alainp
Aspirant

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem
I reboot once a day.
When will you fix this issue?
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7