Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi voice not showing as connected on orbi app

attalvishal
Tutor

Orbi voice not showing as connected on orbi app

I have a Orbi RBR50 connected with a RBS40V Orbi Voice. (1 router and 1 satellite).

RBS40V shows in connected devices when I login through router login.net. But RBS40V doesn't show up as a connected device on Orbi App. Even on the Network map on Orbi app it shows as disconnected.

Strangely Alexa and Spotify works fine on RBS40V Orbi Voice Satellite that means there is Wifi signal. Plus its show blue ring light on the orbi satellite as well.

What should I do such that Orbi voice shows up as connected device on orbi app?

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
JJJT
Tutor

Problem solved!
I spent half an hour with a support person on the phone yesterday and we tried the basics, such as reboot, single sync, Double sync etc. Nothing worked till we did the following:

1) Complete reset (it does take a long time to hold that pin in the little hole, at least 15 seconds)

2) then wait until the blinking white light turns to solid white (if it turns to blue, your reset did not work)

3) at that moment open Orbi app and in settings add the satellite. 

I had tried it so many times before and my guess is that this time, the success was the timing of "add a satellite" function in the app. Too early does not work, too late does not work. This time i launched the search not at "power on", but at "full white light." and bingo... 

(PS some site recommended the nighthawk app to set up the orbi voice and while i managed to access it and make it function as an extender with functional alexa, it did no good to get it correctly set-up a an additional satellite. Maybe good when using it as an extender for another router, but not needed for set-up as an additional satellite to an Orbi system)

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 13

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I would post about this in the orbi app forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Message 2 of 13
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @attalvishal

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

- What is the firmware version of the router and satellite? 

- What is the Orbi app version?

- Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app? If not, please do try and let us know of the result. 

- Does it show the same status when you access the settings page via browser?

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 13
attalvishal
Tutor

Hello!

1. Router RBR50 firmware version is V2.3.1.60 and Satellite RBS40V firmware version is V2.3.0.12

2. Orbi app version is 2.3.7.6 

3. yes I just tried uninstall and reinstall the app and it's the same result.

4. No. Infact when I check with the browser, it shows satellite connected. And the connection is good on 5G connection type.

That's why I'm confused why it shows satellite not connected on Orbi App. And because of this I'm unable to use Orbi app features for Orbi voice.

Message 4 of 13
attalvishal
Tutor

I just checked Netgear support website for RBS40V and it seems firmware version listed on website is 2.3.5.6 but my orbi RBS40V satellite firmware is 2.3.0.12

when I login through browser on Orbilogin.net and try to update firmware version, it's trying to connect to orbi satellite but connection is on waiting stage forever. I cannot even do a manual update because the orbi satellite doesnt show up in connected devices.

you will need to help. thank you

Message 5 of 13
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @attalvishal

Please check your inbox. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 6 of 13
JJJT
Tutor

Same problem Here. It is syncing with the RBR50 FirmwareV2.3.5.30 but enable to detect on app and thus not able to set up alexa, help Please?

Message 7 of 13
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @JJJT

Please access the router web UI (orbilogin.com), go to Attached devices page and check if the Orbi Voice satellite is listed.

May I also ask the following information: 

- Orbi voice satellite firmware version

- Is this an Orbi iOS or Android app? What is the app version? 

- Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app? 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 8 of 13
JJJT
Tutor

Hi,

1) The orbi voice is listed as a network device

2) Orbi voice firmware V1.0.0.34 -tried an update but was told it was the latest version

3) IOS app v2.4.8.18

4) Tried and done

At this moment it functions as an extender as i connected it manually by accessing it locally, i managed to get the alexa to work with the nighthawk app, so that works too it is just that the Orbi App refuses to recognize it as a second sattelite...
Thanks,

JT

Message 9 of 13
JJJT
Tutor

No Reply? 

Message 10 of 13
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @JJJT

Our support team is looking into this issue and would like to work with you.  I will PM you requesting for more information.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 11 of 13
JJJT
Tutor

Problem solved!
I spent half an hour with a support person on the phone yesterday and we tried the basics, such as reboot, single sync, Double sync etc. Nothing worked till we did the following:

1) Complete reset (it does take a long time to hold that pin in the little hole, at least 15 seconds)

2) then wait until the blinking white light turns to solid white (if it turns to blue, your reset did not work)

3) at that moment open Orbi app and in settings add the satellite. 

I had tried it so many times before and my guess is that this time, the success was the timing of "add a satellite" function in the app. Too early does not work, too late does not work. This time i launched the search not at "power on", but at "full white light." and bingo... 

(PS some site recommended the nighthawk app to set up the orbi voice and while i managed to access it and make it function as an extender with functional alexa, it did no good to get it correctly set-up a an additional satellite. Maybe good when using it as an extender for another router, but not needed for set-up as an additional satellite to an Orbi system)

Message 12 of 13
LadyLuddite
Aspirant

Re: Orbi voice not showing up on Network Map

When you did the reset, were you resetting the Orbi Router or resetting the Orbi Voice? Also, we’re you just using an opened paper clip?  Thanks.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7