Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi voice not supporting Apple Music

mancblade
Follower

Orbi voice not supporting Apple Music

Bought Oribi Voice and set up fine only to then find the Alexa wont play music from my Apple Music service.  All of my other Alexa devices in my same house have no problem streaming from Apple Music which is the default Music service in my Alexa settings.  Some googling suggests that Orbi Voice is not compatible with Apple Music despite the Netgear website stating:

Orbi Voice supports all of the music services supported by Amazon Alexa except for Gimme Radio. The music and media services supported by Alexa vary by region (source: https://kb.netgear.com/000060106/Which-music-services-are-supported-by-Orbi-Voice)

Can others confirm this is the case?  If so is there an expectation that in the future this will be compatible?  Thanks to all in advance.

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 9
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi voice not supporting Apple Music

Hi @mancblade

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Please be informed that Orbi voice satellite does not currently support music streaming from Apple Music.

There has been no announcement yet of any plans. We recommend posting your suggestion on our Idea Exchange board

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 9
MontyVegas
Initiate

I have the same issue. When I bought it I we the expectation that it would play from our Apple Music account like all our other Alexa devices, but it can’t. Guess we will have to ditch it and get a better speaker from Amazon.
Message 3 of 9
ChrisZ54
Initiate

Apple Music is shown directly on the box for the Orbi Voice...why would it be incompatible? What changed?
Message 4 of 9
Barrysherm
Initiate

Can someone explain why Apple Music is not supported?  Does not add up.

Message 5 of 9
lbattle234
Initiate

All of the official postings from NetGear still claim Apple Music support.  Not supporting Apple Music is annoying enough (given that it claimed support before I purchased) continuing to lie about support is really aggrevating.  Just post an honest answer about apple music support...

Message 6 of 9
moorabool
Aspirant

Absolutely over this fiasco. Bought an ORBI mesh system - a great wifi setup- BUT also bought it because it promised Apple Music comparability. Also have an Amazon echo - which was ok on my old setup, would stream Apple Music - but now, ORBI refuses to allow Apple Music - and to make matters worse, there is no way I have found to get ORBI to recognise Echo! Or the other way around, just an endless loop of ‘setups’ which are ‘successful’ - but device cannot be found. All the factory resets you can do all end up in the same place.

For something that should just WORK , I am hugely disappointed & actively looking at trashing the whole thing & looking elsewhere . Plenty of other options. Get your act together !
Message 7 of 9
KevinCarpenter
Aspirant

Betreff: Orbi voice not supporting Apple Music

Your article is very good. Besides everyone can download free ringtone bruitagesgratuits.com it's completely free and quality

@mancblade wrote:

Bought Oribi Voice and set up fine only to then find the Alexa wont play music from my Apple Music service.  All of my other Alexa devices in my same house have no problem streaming from Apple Music which is the default Music service in my Alexa settings.  Some googling suggests that Orbi Voice is not compatible with Apple Music despite the Netgear website stating:

Orbi Voice supports all of the music services supported by Amazon Alexa except for Gimme Radio. The music and media services supported by Alexa vary by region (source: https://kb.netgear.com/000060106/Which-music-services-are-supported-by-Orbi-Voice)

Can others confirm this is the case?  If so is there an expectation that in the future this will be compatible?  Thanks to all in advance.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 8 of 9
Jr4h2003
Aspirant

Are you kidding? No Apple Music? Do they want this product to get tossed in the trash. Alexa great. Their music service well cliche at best. Come on NetGear. If I could return I would. So much for using with Alexa. Well at least I have the worlds largest Orbi satellite. Two thumbs down👎👎
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 14 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7