Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS40V-200 Firmware update - Netgear cannot tell me what the latest version is

wyncdavies
Tutor

RBS40V-200 Firmware update - Netgear cannot tell me what the latest version is

I have an RBR50 router, two RBR50S satellites and just added an RBR40V-200 to the mix.  Last night my RBR's and RBS50's received a firmware update to V2.7.0.70 and then I noticed that my RBS40V-200 wasn't showing up anymore as a satellite.  I figured it maybe needed an update as well.  The voice satellite says it's at V2.5.1.6 but that appears to be a higher version that what even the Netgear support site says is the latest.  I am getting a Firmware update failed message when I try to update it via the Orbilogin webpage.

I got disconnected twice from the Orbi technical team and one from the standard tech support team.  While I was able to talk to them, nobody seemed to know what the actual latest firmware was.

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 2
Mstrbig
Master

Re: RBS40V-200 Firmware update - Netgear cannot tell me what the latest version is

@wyncdavies wrote:

I have an RBR50 router, two RBR50S satellites and just added an RBR40V-200 to the mix.  Last night my RBR's and RBS50's received a firmware update to V2.7.0.70 and then I noticed that my RBS40V-200 wasn't showing up anymore as a satellite.  I figured it maybe needed an update as well.  The voice satellite says it's at V2.5.1.6 but that appears to be a higher version that what even the Netgear support site says is the latest.  I am getting a Firmware update failed message when I try to update it via the Orbilogin webpage.

I got disconnected twice from the Orbi technical team and one from the standard tech support team.  While I was able to talk to them, nobody seemed to know what the actual latest firmware was.

According to Netgear's website, this is the latest:

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBS40V/RBS40V-V2.5.1.4_1.0.1_BETA.zip

so 2.5.1.6 seems newer.

With that said, try rebooting your router and satellites. If all else fails, you may have to do a factory reset.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7