Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBS40V Not working after power outage

svmcl
Tutor

RBS40V Not working after power outage

My Orbi Voice worked perfectly until after power came back, the Orbi didn't turn on anymore

It seems something might have burn or so, because pressing the power button at the back of the unit produces a clicking sound as a relé that is constantly switching on and off. 

That's the only thing the Orbi Voce does being plugged and turned on. the annoying sound and nothing else. 

I already checked the AC adapter and it's supplying between 18.5 and 19.3 Volts to the unit, so I fairly assume is not the AC Adapter. 

Any ideas if there's something like a fuse that can be easily changed?

I tried to dissasemble the unit, but seems there're additional screws hidden elsewere.

Any help will be kindly appreciated. 

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

@svmcl wrote:

My Orbi Voice worked perfectly until after power came back, the Orbi didn't turn on anymore

It seems something might have burn or so, because pressing the power button at the back of the unit produces a clicking sound as a relé that is constantly switching on and off. 

That's the only thing the Orbi Voce does being plugged and turned on. the annoying sound and nothing else. 

I already checked the AC adapter and it's supplying between 18.5 and 19.3 Volts to the unit, so I fairly assume is not the AC Adapter. 

I tried to dissasemble the unit, but seems there're additional screws hidden elsewere.

The product data sheet describes the RBS40V power supply as "12v/2.5A" (on page 4)

https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/orbi/RBS40.pdf 

Might want to check it again.

Message 2 of 11
svmcl
Tutor

It's an Orbo Voice. Hence, the model is RBS40V

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Please visit and post about this over in the Orbi with Voice forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Voice-WiFi-Meets-HiFI/bd-p/en-home-orbi-voice

Thank you.

Message 4 of 11
vajim
Master

you may want to post about this over in the Orbi with Voice forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Voice-WiFi-Meets-HiFI/bd-p/en-home-orbi-voice

Message 5 of 11
Chuspemar
Tutor

@svmcl wrote:

Any help will be kindly appreciated. 

Hi @svmcl 

I've had exactly the same problem, but no power outage before fail.

I've reported to Netgear Support and I'm still waiting for answer.

Have you find any solution?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 11
svmcl
Tutor

Nothing. 

A technician checked the device and the spare parts for repairing the satellite/speaker are not propperly identified. 

Paperweight... 

Message 7 of 11
Chuspemar
Tutor

Really sad!

Mine is still on warranty but I live outside US (in Chile) so I'm on problems.

Hope Netgear give me a good solution because it has only worked for 3 months and I was very happy with it.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 11
svmcl
Tutor

Dónde lo compraste?

Si lo compraste en Amazon y lo trajiste desde USA a Chile por Amazon, estando en garantía, los tipos te hacen el cambio de producto.

Yo también soy Chileno. 

A mí me terminó pagando Enel Distribución el aparatejo, porque se había quemado por subida de voltaje dps de un corte de luz. 

Message 9 of 11
Chuspemar
Tutor

Qué casualidad!
Yo soy español pero vivo en Chile hace años.
Efectivamente lo compré directamente en Amazon US y ayer me pidieron la factura así que espero me propongan lo que comentas.
Y qué bueno que consiguieras el reembolso de Enel. El mío no se estropeó por una subida de voltaje, o al menos no me enteré. Te compraste el mismo modelo?
Gracias por la información.
Message 10 of 11
Sdgnj2021
Aspirant

Had the same issue. Frustrating- this is not a cheap device.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7