Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS40V Orbi Voice unable to connect to Alex

Chelonege
Aspirant

RBS40V Orbi Voice unable to connect to Alex

Have both the latest firmware on RBR50 router and orbi voice I.e. 2.5.1.16 and 2.5.1.2. Alexa have been properly set up in orbi app but it only works for a short period of time like 12 hours. Afterward, when summon Alexa, ring goes red and it will say doesn't understand and ask me to visit the orbi app. However orbi app setting was unchanged and the orbi voice device is connected. Alexa app also show device is connected. Been searching on the internet and seems like this is a firmware issue? Any fix to this? This is really frustrating.

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBS40V Orbi Voice unable to connect to Alex

Hi @Chelonege

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Can you please let us know what troubleshooting you've tried?
Have you tried factory resetting(this will take you through a fresh setup and will wipe your settings)?

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Browntownnj
Aspirant

I am also having the same issue. Set up my orbi system in March when I moved from my old home to my new home. Actually upgraded from my old orbi rbr40 system to an rbr50 with two satellites; one rbs50 and one rbs40v. The system works great and I don’t have many if any connectivity issues with the WiFi, but recently I’ve been having issues with my rbs40v constantly telling me it can’t connect to Alexa and check the app. If I power it off or pull the power plug and restart it the issue goes away. This happens about every 10-12 days. Nothing else goes wrong except this error and at the same time the orbi also goes to full volume instead of the 20% I have it set to and it showing on the light up volume bar. I’m on v2.5.1.2 for my rbs40v and v2.5.1.16 on my two 50 units. This is a super annoying inconvenience, but like I said...it doesn’t affect the WiFi performance or connectivity.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 3 of 5
Browntownnj
Aspirant

Also, I have factory reset it several times and I keep having the same end result...every 10-12 days it happens again.
Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 4 of 5
Chelonege
Aspirant

Factory reset everything including the modem and it is working for about 2 weeks now. Hopefully it stays that way. Honesty very annoying to perform the reset as the app is quite slow to set up.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7