Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS40V US version in UK

karld96
Aspirant

RBS40V US version in UK

Hi guys I purchased a RBS40V on the US website and brought it over here to the UK, I read multiple things online saying the US power plug is dual volatage but I just want to be sure.

Will a simple us to uk adapter suffice or what should I do?
Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBS40V US version in UK

Please post about this over in the Orbi with Voice forum. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Voice-WiFi-Meets-HiFI/bd-p/en-home-orbi-voice

Thank you.

Message 2 of 6
Bhiding
Aspirant

Hi I'm in the same situation as yourself. Does your Orbi Voice work with the US power adapter in the UK?

Regards

Message 3 of 6
karld96
Aspirant

Yep works perfect!
Message 4 of 6

@karld96 wrote:
Hi guys I purchased a RBS40V on the US website and brought it over here to the UK, I read multiple things online saying the US power plug is dual volatage but I just want to be sure.

Not sure that anyone can say anything to make you more certain. Do you have any reason for doubting those "multiple things online"? They probably come from the same people.

@karld96 wrote:

Will a simple us to uk adapter suffice or what should I do?

As others have said, regardless of their labels US adapters work OK in the UK. I have tried several for Nighthawk, Orbi and other models. Not one has gone bang.

Try it without the device connected. You have nothing to lose, except a useless adapter.

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Please post about this over in the Orbi with Voice forum. 

Unlike some questions, it doesn't matter where you post this one. The question is generic to Netgear hardware.

Message 5 of 6

@karld96 wrote:
Hi guys I purchased a RBS40V on the US website and brought it over here to the UK...

Have you investigated the wifi impications of using a US gadget in the UK?

This might be useful:

Solved: WNDR3700v2 (N600) - Can't change wifi region - NETGEAR Communities.

I can't remember what I did to convert it to "Europe".

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7