2020-05-23 11:20 AM
RBS40V vs RBS40V-100 vs RBS40V-200...RBS50V?
I currently have an RBR50 router and one RBS50 satellite. I'm looking to purchase another satellite as the setup I have doesn't give me the coverage I need. I'm thinking about purchasing a voice satellite. The Netgear site only seems to have RBS40V and RBS40V-200 satelites sold separately. And the RBS40V seems to only work with the Orbi system and the RBS40V-200 will work with any wireless system. Is that the only difference? I can't find anything on the Netgear site that explains the differences.
- Is there a specific voice satellite you can purchase for the RBK50 system...an RBS50V?...or can you only purchase the RBS40V separately?
- Difference between the RBS40V, the RBS40V-100(seen on amazon), and the RBS40V-200?
- Are there any benefits of using one or the other other than the obvious advantage that the 200 can be used with any wireless system? Do they have the same performance and range?
- And would any of these work ok with the RBK50 system I have?
- Will they all match in firmware to my RBK50 system so I can be certain they remain compatible?
- Would it be better to just get the RBS50 satellite and a separate smart speaker instead?
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
2020-05-30 05:48 PM
Re: RBS40V vs RBS40V-100 vs RBS40V-200...RBS50V?
Hmmm...I guess nobody knows. I noticed this products price went from $169 --> $119 --> $99 to no longer sold on the Netgear site in the matter of a week. Perhaps I should buy something else....
Message 2 of 2