Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBS40v-200 Orbi voice top control panel always on (in white)

EduQR
Aspirant

RBS40v-200 Orbi voice top control panel always on (in white)

Hi all, 

I have installed and configured (synched) a new RBS40V to my existing Orbi RBK50 mesh. Internet and WIFI is working fine, internet is being provided, with some appliances connected to it and other to the router or the third satelite. Even I configured Alexa and it is working ok.

The problem is that the top panel controls (volume, mic and speaker on/off and Alexa) keep almost always on. It just goes off for about a minute and then it goes on again (in white) for about 5 minutes, and again off for a minute.

I placed the RBS40V on the bedroom, so it is not nice to have a white glow almost all time. I saw some videos on youtube where it says that ony when you move your hand over the panel it goes on, but that is not the case on my device. But i can not find a solution or more information about this behaviour.

I tried to reinstall it (including rest to fabric specs), re.synch it, update firmware, with always getting the same result.

RBR50-router firmware: V2.5.2.4

RBS40V-200 firmware: V2.6.1.4

Does your RBS40V acts in the same way, or does it turns off when not being in use? have you faces the same issue? how did you solve it?

I will appreciate your help.

Regards,

Eduardo

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
EduQR
Aspirant

Re: RBS40v-200 Orbi voice top control panel always on (in white)

Solution was not found.... Orbi voice is on its way back.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
EduQR
Aspirant

After some FW update.... problem still th same.

My RBR and RBS are around 29 feet apart (9 mts), but the house is built of concrete and solid walls (not th regular wood and insuation as in US). Previously to install the satellite, the internet on the bedroom had a weak and slow connection.

FW updated on RBR and RBS to 2.6.1.40, and RBS40V to 2.6.1.4

The FW top board version is 27, even trying updating it (the version did not change).

About channels, 2.4 on channel 4 (Auto), and 5G 36+40+44+48 (P) as shown un Orbilogin

The topic is that internet, WIF and even Alexa works fine (the led ring on all satellits and router turn blue and then completely off when restarted). So, it does not sems to be a network problem, but more a internal/local problem on the RBS40V operation.

Only the top control panel on the RBS40V is always on, and just goes off for some seconds and then goes on again.... and that is annoying during the night. See attached image.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Message 3 of 5
EduQR
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

Did that before updating router FW (and after updating RBS40V satellite). Do you sugest doing that again?

Message 4 of 5
EduQR
Aspirant

Solution was not found.... Orbi voice is on its way back.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7